Respected Contributor

Re: Kindle, Nook and Kobo eReaders

@nomless wrote:

I have an Android tablet and downloaded the Kindle and Nook apps. I can read anything, any format.

I can also read via apps, but the best experience for me was on my Kindle. @nomless

Honored Contributor

I would be surprised if any library doesn't sponsor downloads to IPADS and IOS formats. 

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

Our library recently changed formats so I am no longer able to read ePub library books on my Kindle. Since I doubt that Amazon will change this any time soon, I an considering purchasing a library book compatible eReader.

Does anyone here have a Kobo or Nook? What are your experiences with them?

Thank you, fellow readers, for you input!📚😁

Did you check with the library on this, you can't be the only patron with this issue, I can read other formats on my kindle 

Yes. @jackthebear The attitude of the library is "Sorry, we know it's not compatible with Kindles. Contact Amazon." I did. They are not helpful either. 😕

that stinks,

there is obviously 2 business battling it out for the library business in this area, 

Honored Contributor

I bought my paperwhite a few years ago and I loved it. I don't buy books and get ebooks from the library. Then I started noticing that there were books offered on icloud. So I started reading those on my phone. Now hardly any books are kindle but using other formats that are accessible on any device w/browser. So basically my paperwhite is useless.

I liked the paperwhite for the non glare when using outside. The library once told that it wasn't the library choice to use cloud, overdrive or kindle. It is up to the publisher to choose. That was a while ago, I don't know if that still holds true. Maybe because the library is always strapped for money, they worked out a deal that is not Amazon/kindle.

I miss my paperwhite.

Valued Contributor

I love my two Fires and my IPad all have kindle on them! I could not live without them !

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

Our library recently changed formats so I am no longer able to read ePub library books on my Kindle. Since I doubt that Amazon will change this any time soon, I an considering purchasing a library book compatible eReader.

Does anyone here have a Kobo or Nook? What are your experiences with them?

Thank you, fellow readers, for you input!📚😁

apparantly our library is making this switch as well, I don't use the overdrive cloud thing much.  

Honored Contributor

From what I know, and please take that with a grain of salt, everything our library offers from overdrive, to Kindle, to ePub books work on IOS devices now. 

But like I said, that's what I think I know!  LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you download a Nook app to your Kindle and use the app for Overdrive? 

I have a Nook Tablet with 64 GB if space, using a SIM card; it's several years old now. I downoaded the Kindle app to my Nook and it works fine that way. That was why I wonder if simply downloading a Nook app to your Kindle would work for you, kind of like the reverse of what I did .

Some formats work well with my Nook (B & N); the Kindle format, of course, is best for the Kindle app. I am using Overdrive from my local library and download the books to my Nook that way.

I use my iPad for the internet and such, but I rarely read on it. I do have the Overdrive app on my iPad, too.