Honored Contributor

A Man Called Ove ( the movie )

If you love this book , and have Amazon Prime , the movie was just added to prime video. I resisted renting it ,as I knew it would be added soon.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Re: A Man Called Ove ( the movie )

@QVCkitty1 thank you.  i'll put on my viewing list.

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

I prefer books to movies - can't say I've ever seen a movie do a book justice.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, two recent TV adaptations are among my favorites:  "Olive Kitteridge" and "Big Little Lies", both on HBO. "Olive Kitteridge" is one of my favorite books and I thought the miniseries was flawless. 

Af for films, "A Man Called Ove" is one of the best adaptations I've ever seen.  If they re-make that here I have no doubt they will ruin it.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal, just want to add that the film of "A Man Called Ove", as wonderful as it is, is still not as great as the book. 

Honored Contributor

Tried to watch it this morning. But I don't speak that language and there's no subtitles.

Super Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Tried to watch it this morning. But I don't speak that language and there's no subtitles.

I thought the same thing last night but then clicked around (I watch amazon on my roku) and when I went into Caption Settings I was able to watch this fabulous movie with subtitles.  

I had taken OVE (the dvd) out of my local library right before the Oscars and LOVED it!  So I'm rewatching it...don't do that alot Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

This is one of those rare situations: the movie and the book are both brilliant. They complement one another perfectly.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1   just finished watching the movie.  so enjoyed it. thank you again for the recommendation.