Esteemed Contributor

Re: A REQUEST.....Please Read

wrote:

wrote:

Hi everyone, it has come to my attention that there are some people here who find those large photos (I don't know what you call them but they're photos with different sayings) that are being posted on this board kind of problematic. They can clog up the threads and some people find that they slow down the flow of the reading of the posts. The same goes for the posting of the overlarge book covers. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback and all your contributions to this wonderful board. I hope we can work this out. Thank you all for your understanding.

Happy reading to all!

Sunny

Who brought it to your attention?

@stuyvesant- I can't mention specific people. If they want to speak up, they will, but I can't say who they are.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

I've already posted about my current obsession with Miss Read. However, I need to add something: the wonderful drawings! They are so detailed, and so unique. I would love to purchase a book that featured just the drawings.

I've read about half the books now. FictFact is keeping me on track as to the order in which they should be read.

I am absolutely having the best time with Miss Read and her tales of life in the Cotswolds!

Trusted Contributor

I haven't read this whole thread, but I did scroll through every page.  I think there's about three graphics.

I don't like graphics.  I consider them the equivalent of not wiping the seat.

I never thought the Book Club forum had a lot of graphics.  What I find unsettling is that people are discussing the Book Club forum on other venues and someone can post here that these people are upset but won't back it up in any way - just an I'm in the know and this is what people are saying.

We have oversite now.  People drawing a salary from QVC to handle these boards.  We don't have to worry abiout what people are saying on other venues.

In short - a non-event.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@stuyvesantwrote:  Who brought it to your attention?

Hi everyone, it has come to my attention that there are some people here who find those large photos (I don't know what you call them but they're photos with different sayings) that are being posted on this board kind of problematic. They can clog up the threads and some people find that they slow down the flow of the reading of the posts. The same goes for the posting of the overlarge book covers. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback and all your contributions to this wonderful board. I hope we can work this out. Thank you all for your understanding.

Happy reading to all!

Sunny

@stuyvesant- I can't mention specific people. If they want to speak up, they will, but I can't say who they are.

I have a problem with people complaining and wanting things to change but not being willing to say so to all of us and discuss possible solutions using their own nic.

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

I haven't read this whole thread, but I did scroll through every page.  I think there's about three graphics.

I never thought the Book Club forum had a lot of graphics.  What I find unsettling is that people are discussing the Book Club forum on other venues and someone can post here that these people are upset but won't back it up in any way - just an I'm in the know and this is what people are saying.

We have oversite now.  People drawing a salary from QVC to handle these boards.  We don't have to worry abiout what people are saying on other venues.

In short - a non-event.

@stuyvesant- may I ask what "other venues" you are referring to? Are they talking about US or this board? I don't understand what you're saying. Please clarify. 

THIS is a new one for me!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because baiting, unkind.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

In short - a non-event.

@stuyvesant- may I ask what "other venues" you are referring to? Are they talking about US or this board? I don't understand what you're saying. Please clarify. 

I think it is that 2 threads were started about not posting graphics on the What are you reading thread  with one starting with  A REQUEST   and then having a post saying people were still defiant and doing what they wanted. I took a lot of my posts down. 

@sunala

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

In short - a non-event.

I think it is that 2 threads were started about not posting graphics on the What are you reading thread  with one starting with  A REQUEST   and then having a post saying people were still defiant and doing what they wanted. I took a lot of my posts down. 

@sunala

I'm clueless about this thread and people telling other people how to post.  BUT --

BUT --

you had me at "people were still defiant"

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Happy reading to all!

Sunny

People who post this kind of stuff the "it's come to my attention" stuff, want us to believe they have their finger on our pulse.

What if they don't?

What if they are just people who maybe - a while ago - found it made them powerful  to say "we" and they ran with it?

I'm not blaming @sunala.  I'm sure people came to her with their questions and uncertainties.  And I understand she swore to publicize all their worries while keeping all their identities secret.  (After all, complaining about graphics can get you  in trouble.  @sunala is taking a bullet.

Honored Contributor

My only complaint would be people taking up space talking about their kindles or how they won something to read on their kindles. I have no interest in that. Let's just talk about books and it would be nice instead of saying in one line what you just finished, how did you like it???. thank you. thank you very much.