Trusted Contributor

Re: A REQUEST.....Please Read

wrote:

wrote:

I am no longer going to post Amazon rundowns of what the book is about, due to arm pain I can no longer write full reviews myself, so all I will say about a books in the future is rather I liked it or not, I do not want to upset anyone with my long posts, if I had the ability to review each book on my own I would, but typing is very painful at this point, sorry if my posts made anyone nod off!

I will follow your lead @CareBears.  I was posting the synopsis from from the library but I will also stop if that annoys people although personally I would find it helpful. 

Edited to add:  Whatever went on here was all over when I saw it.  All the texts already deleted  or taken down by the moderators.  I can't even imagine what it was on a Book Club thread.....

What happened is that people were speaking authoritatively for other people.  When they were asked who they were speaking for they said it was secret.

If you are aware of what posts were deleted you've followed this thread very closely.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a Nancy Drew Mystery: The Mystery of the Deleted Posts.

Honored Contributor

The only time I mind pictures/sayings is when they are copied over and over as part of the quote feature.  In fact, I like seeing book covers.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

I am no longer going to post Amazon rundowns of what the book is about, due to arm pain I can no longer write full reviews myself, so all I will say about a books in the future is rather I liked it or not, I do not want to upset anyone with my long posts, if I had the ability to review each book on my own I would, but typing is very painful at this point, sorry if my posts made anyone nod off!

I will follow your lead @CareBears.  I was posting the synopsis from from the library but I will also stop if that annoys people although personally I would find it helpful. 

Edited to add:  Whatever went on here was all over when I saw it.  All the texts already deleted  or taken down by the moderators.  I can't even imagine what it was on a Book Club thread.....

What happened is that people were speaking authoritatively for other people.  When they were asked who they were speaking for they said it was secret.

If you are aware of what posts were deleted you've followed this thread very closely.

@stuyvesant

I am not aware of what posts were deleted.  I came on yesterday to look for book recommendations and read through the the three (I think) threads where moderators deleted posts and poster's saying they deleted their own posts.  I guess I missed all the excitement.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne I guess I did too!

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@stuyvesant

I am not aware of what posts were deleted.  I came on yesterday to look for book recommendations and read through the the three (I think) threads where moderators deleted posts and poster's saying they deleted their own posts.  I guess I missed all the excitement.

Goodness. I didn't realize there were three threads with moderators deleting posts and posters saying they deleted their own posts.  You got more of the excitement than I did.  You got to read those threads.

Honored Contributor

If memory serves did we not have to work hard to get this forum back when all the changes were done a few years back?  Just so happy we still have book reads, period.  If anyone wants to contribute other book related items fine by me.  (pictures, book accessories ect...) I am just happy to have something other than Comm. Chat to go to for calm and peace. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I find all extraneous silly or cutesy photos irritating. Those should be saved for email or Facebook where you know your audience better. Some people have limited time to read and shouldn’t have to scroll through this

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

I find all extraneous silly or cutesy photos irritating. Those should be saved for email or Facebook where you know your audience better. Some people have limited time to read and shouldn’t have to scroll through this

I hate the ones where they distort the animals's muzzle to give it a human smile.  Or they distort the limbs to make it look like it's sittig with crossed legs.

Those distorted photos are right up there with "I'm speaking for others but I won't tell you who" for self indulgent clap trap.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

I hate the ones where they distort the animals's muzzle to give it a human smile.  Or they distort the limbs to make it look like it's sittig with crossed legs.

Those distorted photos are right up there with "I'm speaking for others but I won't tell you who" for self indulgent clap trap.

exactly