Honored Contributor

Re: A REQUEST.....Please Read

@apple sauce@smoky22

@CareBears

Pls continue doing what you are doing. You are a bright spot on the thread. 

Unknown.jpeg

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I am no longer going to post Amazon rundowns of what the book is about, due to arm pain I can no longer write full reviews myself, so all I will say about a books in the future is rather I liked it or not, I do not want to upset anyone with my long posts, if I had the ability to review each book on my own I would, but typing is very painful at this point, sorry if my posts made anyone nod off!

It doesn't bother me because I don't always feel like looking all that stuff up on amazon and nobody really has to read any posts just skip over them.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I certainly did not expect that with my post, I just feel awful that I can no longer post MY reviews and had to use Amazon's, it is very frustrating when your dominant arm wants to work but refuses to, my typos have been disgraceful, and I feel like I am cheating everyone including myself!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I certainly did not expect that with my post, I just feel awful that I can no longer post MY reviews and had to use Amazon's, it is very frustrating when your dominant arm wants to work but refuses to, my typos have been disgraceful, and I feel like I am cheating everyone including myself!

@CareBears,  I thought I was the one they meant who posts long posts because I have a habit of going on and on.  I am not pithy, succinct or terse.  I go on and on and now I feel kind of self conscious and hope people find half of what I write interesting.

I am so sorry about your pain.  Maybe can you type a sentence or two review?  Or dictate it into a device?  You know I love your taste and want to keep reading your thoughts and reading posts above I'm not alone.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori I cannot even write with a pen right now, so I type out what I can if need be I go back to it after I have rested it, this has been going on since 1984 you would think someone would figure it out!

Honored Contributor

@CareBears, I'm so sorry and I know we all are.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLoriNo reason to be sorry, it is what it is.  Someone up there thinks I have big shoulders to bear all this, little does the BIG GUY Realiize, that all he has thrown at me this year, is dragging me under!

Respected Contributor

It would be nice if the people who gave the feedback and complaints would speak up.   But I waste too much time posting here 

Trusted Contributor

wrote:

Hi everyone, it has come to my attention that there are some people here who find those large photos (I don't know what you call them but they're photos with different sayings) that are being posted on this board kind of problematic. They can clog up the threads and some people find that they slow down the flow of the reading of the posts. The same goes for the posting of the overlarge book covers. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback and all your contributions to this wonderful board. I hope we can work this out. Thank you all for your understanding.

Happy reading to all!

Sunny

Who brought it to your attention?

Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

@LoriLori

I guess it just depends on the reader. I do not like to know when a twist or a surprise is coming up at the end.  I prefer to be caught of guard or to finish a book and think I never saw that coming. 

LOL - I think it's so funny - and once again shows how everyone is different - but this is the ONLY thing commented on this thread that I really don't like!!  I can consistently guess the ending - even some of the super crazy twists - if somebody says there is an amazing twist in the last chapter.  But, it is what it is - I guess it may be hard to discuss the book without talking about the twist?  Kind of like what I hate about the "no spoiler" threads in "TV and Movies".  So, I guess I'm kind of opposite on that forum.  Ha ha!!

Anyways, I know I sometimes write too much.  And, I've been known to also copy Amazon reviews because, frankly, they are saying almost the same thing I would anyways - but sometimes better and more succinctly.

With regards to the pictures - they don't bother me. Although, when I look on my phone, they can get a little...large.  But, then again, QVC hasn't fixed the phone view in over a year (two years?)  Having posted photo's before, I must say that I'm never certain which size to choose.  I've been trying to use "medium" when I'm not posting a trip report (then I want the largest photos, whether anyone likes them or not!)