Honored Contributor

Re: remember to wash your makeup brushes

@LoriLori wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

Since I don't wash my face with germ-killer I clean my brushes every time I use them. 

@LoriLori 

What do you do to keep your lipstick/lip balm germ free?

I stopped wearing Fresh and lipstick from the time this began. I.got some cheap small Nivea flavored balms and use them once a day some days, then throw them out. I stay very well hydrated so my lips aren't dry.  Great tips though!

@LoriLori   A bit of alcohol wiped on the end of lipsticks or balms sanitizes them. If you're the only one using them, not going out or in contact w/ others, bacteria from your mouth shouldn't be harmful, IMO. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Shanus .  I'm severely immune-compromised so I take extra extra precautions -- and hate the taste of alcohol -- but you're totally right and thanks Smiley Happy

Giving up lipstick in or out is no biggie, not in the face of things, not given my circumstances and not given that I care about the world at large not just my little piece of it 💗

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

I still don't understand the original post.

@LoriLori 

Are you talking about putting makeup on top of makeup,

like mid-day?

First, bless you for the Juliette Kayem (sp?) post.

And second, I'm not sure what you don't understand.  I use a different brush for everything and wash them every time but that's me.  I'm talking about basic brush hygiene, which you're already doing.  I know not everyone washes their brushes regularly and since now it's more important than ever I guess I'm just saying this isn't the time to let it slide.

Why now?  If cleaning your brushes is part of your regular routine, good for you!

But odds are, if you have contacted a virus, you will have touched your face a thousand times before you ever get near your makeup brushes!

If you don't share brushes, no one can transmit anything to you.

If you sadly came in contact, I highly doubt cleaning your own personal use makeup brushes is going to change a thing.

Let's not hype it up.  If you have been out....wash your hands really well and disinfect everything!  Worry about your brushes later.

@RespectLife   If you're in contact w/ others, keep your eye shadow brushes clean after every use and sharpen eye pencils/liners and lip pencils. Don't forget tweezers and lash curlers. Anything that comes near your face. I stopped using my Clarisonic so I wouldn't have to keep disinfecting it. Toothbrushes are cleaned w/ alcohol after using, too.  Even if you're self quarantined, others may bring germs into the home. 

***I'm treating all of my personal makeup and tools the same now as my professional kit as far as sanitation. I'm not wearing makeup while staying in except skincare, spf and lip balm, but if anyone has questions re: sanitizing skincare/makeup/tools please page me at @shanus.  

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

Thanks @Shanus .  I'm severely immune-compromised so I take extra extra precautions -- and hate the taste of alcohol -- but you're totally right and thanks Smiley Happy

Giving up lipstick in or out is no biggie, not in the face of things, not given my circumstances and not given that I care about the world at large not just my little piece of it 💗

@LoriLori   I understand. The alcohol evaporates in several minutes or less and should be not detectable. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  thanks.  Increasingly noplace to dress up for LOL but just the scent of the hand sanitizer, and that has aloe or fragrance from BBW, is getting to me. But this is very good to know post-pandemic so thanks very much Smiley Happy)