Honored Contributor

Dior suspending cosmetics manufacturing

and will devote capacity to making hand sanitizer.  Good for them, I forgot who owns them.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Dior suspending cosmetics manufacturing

LVMH owns Dior, Givenchy, and Guerlain. The hand sanitizer will be given to the French health authorities for free.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if anything like this is happening in the USA.  We need sanitizers for health care workers.

Honored Contributor

I'm hoping the list of companies and individuals acting for the common good grows exponentially just as the virus attacks that way.  I know the numbers will be different, but if they were charted as has been done with new virus cases, I'd like to see the "mountain" grow higher and higher before it moves   down again!  

There already are myriad good stories, both small and large, locally and widespread.  They calm me as much as anything else going on!  Nice to see Dior climbing the chart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd be more apt to "pay it forward" w/ my purchases to companies who have chosen to help out at this time.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I wonder if anything like this is happening in the USA.  We need sanitizers for health care workers.

I heard on the news here that since Uber cannot pick up any passengers, they will be delivering medical supplies to hospitals.

Honored Contributor

A whiskey distillery in Montgomery County, MD is now only producing hand sanitizer.