Honored Contributor

I love my YBF pencil.  I'm very lucky that I've never had one dry out on me nor come to me dried out and I've never had one break either.  I have opened up a brand new IT pencil and it was very dried out and I had to press so hard to get anything off the pencil, it was painful.

I have tried powders followed by wax which I don't care for as they didn't last all day and I've tried the ones you apply with what looks like a mascara wand and that is my least favorite.   

But I don't go out of my way to order the YBF pencils.  I order if it's on sale with free s/h or if it's included in a TS kit of other products I'll use, that's how I end up with them.  It's not something I'd pay full price for because there are other brow products I like just as well from the drugstore.   

Regular Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

Do a lot of shopping on Amazon, but have never heard about points....can you tell me how you get them?  thanks...

If you have the Amazon Visa you earn points that you can then redeem Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@MsLomo wrote:

Teddy55, I love YBF eyebrow pencils -- they are all I've used for my eyebrows for years, and when I start to run low, I stock up so I won't run out. I think they are now about $11 each -- (2 for $22) -- plus tax, and sometimes with free shipping. You might find that you like this eyebrow pencil as much as I do (and a lot of others). As another poster advised, apply in light, short strokes. As you press harder, the color gets darker. And don't beat yourself up! Smiley Happy

I have tried almost all brow pencils out there and this is what I used till recently. While I think they do an okay job I almost have to draw mine on since I have no tails at all. HSH is the best place to get these and they don't come in a color, one shade and you just press harder or lighter for a color you desire.

I went to Ulta and had them do my brows, WOW, what a difference a brow marker makes for me. I really didn't want to spend that much on a brow product having been on AD for for the ybf from HSN for so long but, know how that goes.

I wanted the LG but the clerk talked me into the Stila in light. My brows are almost black ones I have anyway. This looks like I have real brows, real hair brows, lol. This is $21.

I do also like the LG that I have tried since,   2 for $35. These do go on much quicker since they are a tri tip instead of a single tip but when finished both the LG and the Stila give the same finished look, like I have perfect brows, brows like I had in high school.

You have to decide what type of product works best for you. Being I have no tails at all I can't use powders, gels or waxes since there are no hairs for that to adhere to, something to think about.

A pencil or a brow marker works best for those with no hairs.

Trusted Contributor

I had 2 Models Prefer eyebrow pencils and absolutely loved them!  They lasted forever.  When the second one was used up, Models Prefer was no longer on QVC but had become YBF on HSN.  I ordered the YBF pencil and didn't like it at all!  It was hard to apply, crumbly and the color seemed darker.  I tried others and found nothing I really liked until I tried the Maybelline Fill and Define brow pencil and I'm close to loving it.  

I'm sorry you spent so much and got so little with your YBF pencil.  Keep after it with Amazon.  I had a faulty item from a third party seller on Amazon and after 2 months of staying after them (2 or 3 times a week), I got a brand new item that was in perfect condition!  You deserve to get your money back for  faulty or even expired merchandise.

Contributor
I can't see wearing any eyebrows unless they are waterproof. It's so possible to loose one or mess them up if you have a hot flash, it's summer or like yesterday I got caught in the rain. It's my first time using any eyebrow product because I don't care for anything but a bit of mascara and gloss. But I got really sick and my eyebrows sprouted a grey hair here and there. So I panicked. Plus I don't care about the tail issue. I don't think I ever had one and always had light eyebrows that I shaped up myself plucking a few strays. Well being blonde and fair I bought waterproof Tarte eyebrow type tint in the mascara form for grey hair. Perfect match for my natural dirty blonde eyebrows. But its so fabulous that it stays on unless I wash them off. I just cover little grey and smooth what I have. I am not drawing in eyebrows like Jamie from IT because it looks very fake. I think some of the models look good but thick eyebrows may be a trend but I don't see people generally walking around with fuller thicker eyebrows. I don't know how some people think it looks natural and if you have thinner eyebrows it doesn't make you look old. It's just you and how your eyebrows are. I am happy to have found Tarte eyebrow waterproof product because I can be confident all the days whatever is going on.
Respected Contributor

Re: YBF Eyebrow Pencil

[ Edited ]

I use a small amount of argan oil on my brows before using the YBF pencil as well as the IT pencil.  It makes a huge difference.   

Honored Contributor

I much prefer powders with waxes and ones like Tarte's brow product in the pot .   I also like Benefit's gimme brow.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered these eyebrow pencils from HSN when Stacy/YBF was on the other day.  I use to have such thick eyebrows but they seem to be disappearing.  My girlfriend also sells makeup and did my eyebrows to perfection and they don't look fake at all.  YBF sems to come in one color so I assume you can control how dark or light you want your brows.  I discovered that not only is it about the pencil but also you have to brush and blend after applying the pencil so I am looking forward to trying this even though it's on extended delivery there is a lot of rave reviews about her pencils too.  I remember when she was on QVC I always liked watching her.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

I HATED YBF eye brow pencil!!  The worst piece of ****** I've ever used.  I ordered the blonde shade.  It skips, crumbles and the lead broke.  When I used my spooley to swipe off the crumbs, the whole thing came off.  I only have a half brow, very sparse, and the the rest is skin.   I complained, and threw it out.  Wasn't even worth the hassle to the P.O.  After trying a few other pencils, I go back to Avon, Luxury pencil.  It's a harder lead which gets sharpened, and goes on great, and lasts all day...through sweat too.   My flea market sells them for $2  bucks!!   Nice blonde shade for my fair skin, and platinum and blonde hair...not orangey.

Are you sure you ordered YBF Eyebrow Pencils.....there is only one shade "Universal." I have never seen her offer other shades.