Respected Contributor

YBF is my favorite eyebrow pencil (I hate sharpening pencils) and I also like NYX Micro Brow Pencil in Ash Brown--very similar to the YBF.

To the OP:  the pamphlet that you didn't get won't make any difference.  You have to get in front of the mirror and practice applying your brows. Google for instructions.  Don't be afraid to make a lot of mistakes, just wipe it off and keep trying.  I'd buy some cheap drugstore pencils for practice so you don't waste your YBF. 

So you have buyer's remorse.  We've all done it.  At least you didn't drop a lot of money. 

Regular Contributor

YBF is my favorite and has been for years.  Have tried all others.  Like Smashbox in a jar but it requires more steps.  YBF is so easy and cost effective I have found when you buy from  HSN.  They are out as of now.

Frequent Contributor

Wow, thanks for all the replies!!  I can see it is pretty much divided on like/don't like.

I did received a reply from the seller, they will send the pamplet OR refund my money.

Since I only pd $5+ for it I guess I'll just keep it and ask them to send the pamplet.  I can't get the cash points back anyway so...i can use this pencil as a frame of reference.

nananana59, I shop on Amazon alot and have their Amazon credit card. You build points which become $$ with purchases. So I had ecrued $26 and when I ordered the YBF pencil it automatically applied them to the purchase decreasing the price to $5.75. 

I also go through the SMILE program on Amazon and have a % of each purchase go to our favorite No Kill shelter. 

Well, thanks again for all the replies.  I don't come on the boards that often but this is the first place I post if I have a question regarding just about anything <3

Teddy

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin  Wow!  Say how you really feel!  Good grief!  So, I gather you didn't like it?

Respected Contributor

@Teddy55 wrote:

Hi all, Well I took a chance and purchased the YBF eyebrow pencil from Amazon.  It arrived on Sat, small box product was in a plastic bag, ends sealed, doesn't look like it's been opened  The description said it would come with a pamplet for apllying it etc. There was nothing but the pencil in the pkg :-(

It was close to $32 and I stupidly used my Amazon points of $26...and it says it's made in Korea

I have never used an eyebrow pencil before and now I am having major 2nd thoughts on this pruchase regardless if I lose my "points"

I did email the seller and am waiting for their 2nd response...

Feeling naive at 61 :-(

Thanks for listening,

Teddy

YBF is Stacey Schieffelin's product line and she used to sell at Qvc as Model's Prefer.  Her brow pencil was extremely popular and hundreds of women including myself were on auto delivery for years.  She jumped ship though due to a dispute with Qvc, changed the name of her line to YBF and now sells at HSN.  I still have 2 of her pencils and they were always made in Korea.  I love them and think her universal taupe is perfect.  I just wish she made a skinny version as well.  Also, her price point was always less, much less than Jaime's (from It Cosmetics) who copied her.  

Trusted Contributor

YBF brow pencil was much better when it was Model's Prefer on QVC.  Those weren't made in Korea.  The last YBF pencil I got broke off and was crummbly.  I prefer Vanitymark pencils.  They come in 5 different colors, not like YBF which is universal taupe only.

Respected Contributor

@henderson wrote:

YBF brow pencil was much better when it was Model's Prefer on QVC.  Those weren't made in Korea.  The last YBF pencil I got broke off and was crummbly.  I prefer Vanitymark pencils.  They come in 5 different colors, not like YBF which is universal taupe only.

Others have said they liked Model's Prefer better as well; I know that she was dearly missed when she left Qvc...such a vivacious and beautiful personality.  My pencils from YBF never broke off or crumbled but I haven't bought any recently.  My last pencil from It Cosmetics telescoped right out of the tube like some cheap Maybelline brow pencil that I tried.  

Respected Contributor

Re: YBF Eyebrow Pencil

[ Edited ]

@henderson I found the item number when Model's Prefer used to be sold on Qvc! Want to see a blast from the past?

A49468

PS -  It was made in Korea per Qvc product page.  

@Teddy55 thought you might find this interesting too. 

Frequent Contributor

Thanks truffle, I remember when the line was called Models Prefer on QVC.  I always enjoyed her presentations although I never did purchase anything.

Since the vender is going to send me the pamplet and I paid just $5.75 for the pencil I will keep it and hope for the best.

I really do appreciate all the responses <3

Teddy

Esteemed Contributor

The pamphlet probably won't help you as much as watching a video on the HSN website of Stacey demonstrating the pencil.  The pamphlet is sketch drawings and brief descriptions of application techniques.  For the YBF pencil the best instruction is to stroke lightly for light hair /heavier for dark hair.