Honored Contributor

IMO buying a couple of wigs is a better investment than spending hundreds/thousands of dollars on hair care products and machines to grow your hair so I don't see anything wrong with what the host said.

Honored Contributor

I was watching a couple of minutes of one of the shows - and then I looked online to double check....

All of the wigs had such high crowns.  

Last year, I bought one from another QVC wig vendor - and retured it the next day because of the height and shape of crown.  There was several inches between the top of my head and the crown of the wig!

Reminds me of the old SNL pointy heads.

Image result for snl pointed heads

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

IMO buying a couple of wigs is a better investment than spending hundreds/thousands of dollars on hair care products and machines to grow your hair so I don't see anything wrong with what the host said.

I kind of agree with that. But some people have lifestyles where wig wearing just wouldn't work out for them, myself included. I tried to wear a wig on several occasions and it just didn't feel right and it turned out to be more of a problem.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

That's the 'Coneheads' from SNL, thanks for the reminder laugh, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Wigs are good to own and can certainly save the day when you are having one of those bad days.  I own several myself.  That being said, you aren't going to get a quality wig for under $90.  These look like a hot mess.  I wouldn't leave the house with one of these on my head.  I'll stick with the bad hair day look.  These are so obviously fake looking why even bother.  

Respected Contributor

IMO, you can tell it’s a wig from a mile away.  There are many brands offered that look so much better.  Mostly everyone wearing them looked pretty bad, especially the wig!  Yesterday, CG had one on that looked the best.  Maybe if they were cut and styled, they would look better.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought Jayne Brown's looked the best and most real.  It sold out so others must have thought to, too.  Leah looked good with the straighter, shorter one.  You could tell it was a wig, but it showed what she would look like with that style and length of hair.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

IMO, you can tell it’s a wig from a mile away.  There are many brands offered that look so much better.  Mostly everyone wearing them looked pretty bad, especially the wig!  Yesterday, CG had one on that looked the best.  Maybe if they were cut and styled, they would look better.

I think it really depends on the wig - and the style  and even the wearer..  Did you know Jane Treacy had a wig on yesterday?  Amy is another one that can style a wig to make it look very natural on her.

As to "knowing" - I'd think it's pretty apparent that women "of a certain age" are coloring their hair as well - and yet there is no stigma about that.  

Respected Contributor

You can't just take a synthetic wig out of box and plop on head , synthetics need shook out good and some hairspray or dry shampoo ran through them , that is why they usually lok so fake on the hosts in previous shows. They need to be worked with a little , then they start to look more natural.

Regular Contributor

Really can't believe the comment about buying more than one wig not in this day and time. one room in my house is wigs and hairpieces. My daughter the same thing.She has dark hair and spent a fortune becoming a blonde until she wised up and bought blonde wigs and saved her hair and scalp and money too.Thank goodness we live in a time when we have a choice...Have fun and be what you want to be life is short.I let my white hair come in about 45yr old and have not looked back.I have best of both worlds.