Occasional Contributor

Andrew Lessman Meal Replacement Shakes

I would like to know if  people are still drinking shakes to lose weight

I think with all the different weight loss alaternatives out there and WW, Noom, Jeannie Craig and meal deliveries out there that was not a very popular alternative any more.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Meal Replacement Shakes

I have no idea. But if they are selling caboodles of them on television, there must be a market. Q.E.D. Personally, I find shakes and smoothies very unsatisfying most of the time.

Occasional Contributor

yes, I do too.  No hunger satisfaction and hungry again soon after

Esteemed Contributor

I've actually been drinking Andrew Lessman's shakes for many years.  Not so much for losing weight, more for maintaining a healthy weight.  I find them quite satisfying.  I add a banana or some kind of fruit with it and mix in a blender.  Very nutritious!

Respected Contributor

Andrew's SHAKES are deeeeeeeelish!

Add what you like, or just add water and ice - either way it's solid nutrition and hunger staving and really tasty!

Love VANILLA - it's my favorite, Coffee is my 2nd fave.

Respected Contributor

Most of my adult life I have had a shake/drink for breakfast.  I have no appetitie for a meal that early.  I like AL shakes just fine.  I use milk with it.  Love it, and am not hungry for hours.

Honored Contributor

Most nghts I don't eat much but some sort of snack like one of those Sargento chesse/nut snack packs and add some fresh berries.  This might be a nice alternative to that.  I was thinking mixing 1/2 and 1/2 each of chocolate and coffee and it might be an Arby's Jamocha shake alternative.  But, he lost me at soy protein.  

Honored Contributor

I got his shakes once in the chocolate flavor.  It tasted OK but for me it is not a meal replacement.  OK as a mid morning or afternoon "snack" but as a "meal"--no way! I wound up throwing some of it away.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 wrote:

I got his shakes once in the chocolate flavor.  It tasted OK but for me it is not a meal replacement.  OK as a mid morning or afternoon "snack" but as a "meal"--no way! I wound up throwing some of it away.

I agree. I think this has 63 calories ,  too low for a meal.

Respected Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I agree. I think this has 63 calories ,  too low for a meal.

I would probably add peanut butter and maybe use 2.