Super Contributor

anyone have a wig brand that is natural looking?   QVC had Sherri Sheppard Ones, but don't see them now.  Want to spend less than $100 if it's possible. 

Honored Contributor

Hi !

I went to a wig shop at the local mall  when I was buying a wig. Had breast cancer and was about to start chemo so wanted a wig. I spent prob $125 on one that looked very natural, was my hair color plus my dream hair style. It was very comfy and not hot. I got a cap with it that you put over your head before the wig. She even would have cut and styled it for me too. I wore that wig alot during my 5 months of chemo. No one knew it was a wig either. I was not impressed with the Sherri Shepard styles but I do like the wigs on E*vine shopping channel. They are very well priced and nice shades and styles. I would go to a wig shop tho. More of a personal touch and it's fun to try all sorts of them on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wig recommendation

[ Edited ]

I don't wear wigs but I have friends that do. The most natural ones I've seen them wear are the "LACE FRONT" wigs. The hairline looks so real as if you can see each hair growing out on the forehead. I suggest this type of wig for sure.Woman Happy

Amazon has many brands of lace front wigs priced under $50! wow. Good reviews, too.

Honored Contributor

Most the wigs I had or looked at had the open weave lining. It's all about how you put them on too. You'll think, OMG-- this will never look good and then when the wig at the ear tabs are in the right spot and its adjusted at your natural hairline, it will look terrific. I ended up with 3 of them during chemo. Got 2 free at the hospitals store for cancer patients and both were different colors and styles. I donated them back when I had hair again.

Honored Contributor

I would also recommend a local wig shop. You'll get a better look at the colors or styles and advice on making the wig look nice out of the box. You know how clothing gets creased and wrinkled in the box on the way to you? So do wigs. You can talk to someone at a local shop about how best to fluff and style your wig out of the box or maybe even get some help in the store. 

Frequent Contributor

Just got a Henry Margu wig. Very natural looking, it was the Yasmin. Got it online I think Amazon has them too.

Regular Contributor

I get mine from WantableWigs on Etsy. They're comfortable and lace-front. She can even customize them on some occassions. 

Super Contributor

wagirl, hope everything is ok!!!' Thanks, I will check all these out.  Smiley Happy. Closest big town is an hour away for Me.  

Frequent Contributor

I highly recommend Wigs.com.  I've worn wigs since 2005.  Their customer service is great, too.

Honored Contributor

adam--oh yes, I am fine, thanks for the good wishes. Am going on  5 years as a survivor.