Honored Contributor

Why do women spend so much money on skincare?  I am watching Josie and Shawn 10pm Eastern show.  There is a model named Ann.  She is an attractive woman but has so many wrinkles -  around the  eyes, forehead and above the lips (I noticed during a closeup).  I was really surprised and the before and after pictures do not prove anything because Ann still has her wrinkles.  (Ann was pictured in the before and after) and then in person they did a close up of Ann.  Ann is still a lovely lady but I hate when vendors and host give us false information.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Why do people spend so much money on purses or shoes or video games or books or food....because they enjoy the products & hope that they will make their life better in some way.

Honored Contributor

If it wasn't for lies, skin care sellers wouldn't have anything to say.  You should have heard Josie last night claiming you could get beneficial protein from the protein in her oil.  She went on and on while Shawn nodded very wisely in agreement, and I nearly fell out laughing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Dusty1  That's why I purchased the illuminating super size body butter 19 oz.  which was really a good deal!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If it makes someone feel better about themselves, that's all that matters.  When you feel good about yourself, it shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't spend ...alot.....but I do it to feel pretty...

Honored Contributor

Re: Why , Oh, Why?

[ Edited ]

No product is going to erase all signs of aging and there is no false information being given.  There  are products out there that can and do make a difference in how your skin looks!  Nothing works for everyone.  I have found some amazing products that have helped my skin look better and have reduced lines and wrinkles and even got rid of my jowels and turkey neck.  My skin all over my body is more supple and smooth from using a great exfolliater and firming moisturizing body cremes and lotions daily.  If not for these products I surely would look like a dried up old prune and feel awful!  Yes I do have some wrinkles but the difference is obvious.  Many of my friends/acquaintances will not try things and say it's all hype but yet they are amazed at how much younger I appear compared to them with way less aging issues than they have and then they proceed to complain about how awful their skin feels and how old they feel!  I know some that don't much care about their outward appearance and that is fine but if you choose not to try anything then accept how you look and feel!   

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1Ann the model does not have that many wrinkles. I think she looks good for her age. I watched a JM video with the before & after's pics with Shawn & was disapointed with the false claims because as you said when you see a close up of Ann those lines did not disapear of lessen to the degree shown in those pics.                                                                         I have not found a low cost skincare line that I enjoy for several reasons. I do not like mineral oil, or parabens in my skincare. I do prefer more natural products & Josie's skincare line works very well for me so I don't mind spending more. I do believe whatever one chooses for skincare low or high cost & it works well for them, more power to them!                                                                            

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Why do women spend so much money on skincare?  I am watching Josie and Shawn 10pm Eastern show.  There is a model named Ann.  She is an attractive woman but has so many wrinkles -  around the  eyes, forehead and above the lips (I noticed during a closeup).  I was really surprised and the before and after pictures do not prove anything because Ann still has her wrinkles.  (Ann was pictured in the before and after) and then in person they did a close up of Ann.  Ann is still a lovely lady but I hate when vendors and host give us false information.  Cat Tongue

@Katcat1  Beauty and skincare vendors really need to lose that before/after sliding screen. If anything it proves their products do not work. Some of Josie’s long time models are just as wrinkled, if not more, as when they started on stage with her smearing the oil over their faces. No matter what is said, the models, in a closeup, look caked up and unnatural in many of the foundations sold on Q...even the younger ones. There’s no reason for anyone to wear that much foundation...ever. It’d be much better to notice a few flaws than that. If anything, others figure you must be covering up something much worse than it is. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

If it makes someone feel better about themselves, that's all that matters.  When you feel good about yourself, it shows.

@GCR18  Even if you look in the mirror and after hundreds of dollars, see no change? I’d feel “taken”.