Honored Contributor

Well, WE WOMEN ,make these people  MULTI- MILLIONAIRES.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm into crocheting now.  I think women should if they can afford it,  get some things that make them happy or have a need for.  You should see my growing yarn room.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why , Oh, Why?

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

I'm into crocheting now.  I think women should if they can afford it,  get some things that make them happy or have a need for.  You should see my growing yarn room.

You have such a lovely kind way of pointing out the obvious. Thank you! 

@qualitygal

Do you knit as well? Love handmade items  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity, for now, it's just crochet.  Love yarn.

Respected Contributor

As long as women buy into the narrative that their self worth is based on youth, beauty and size, the fantasy  they can turn back the clock with a magic potion will continue to exist. Once women embrace themselves for their intelligence, acheivements and experiences, the external and shallow values of what a woman 'should be and look like' will fade away.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Valued Contributor

If I just applied oil to my face, it would be a wrinkled, pimply mess. I've tried oils and they don't do anything for me. No product works for everyone. Maybe the models should switch to Perricone?

I invest in my serums and retin-a.  It may seem like a lot to some, but this is a routine I have used for many years. It's worth it to me. If a basic moisterizer, or an oil did the trick at this stage in my life, I would use that, but they don't. It was fine when I was twenty, but not now.

There are some great products out there, but you need to use them a while to see results. Do research, take your budget into consideration, then make a choice. And if it makes a person feel good when they use their products, all the better!

Honored Contributor

I don't spend much money on my skin care items...I mentioned that in another thread just recently. However, I will spend it on my dermatology visits and on my microneedling supplies because for me, those things actually work and I can see the results in the mirror. My days of chasing dreams in a bottle are so over.

Contributor

Totally agree!

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

As long as women buy into the narrative that their self worth is based on youth, beauty and size, the fantasy  they can turn back the clock with a magic potion will continue to exist. Once women embrace themselves for their intelligence, acheivements and experiences, the external and shallow values of what a woman 'should be and look like' will fade away.

@reiki604   You must have read “on my soap box” thread. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I don't spend much money on my skin care items...I mentioned that in another thread just recently. However, I will spend it on my dermatology visits and on my microneedling supplies because for me, those things actually work and I can see the results in the mirror. My days of chasing dreams in a bottle are so over.

@SilleeMee  Finding a dermatologist you trust is key...and hopefully not he*l bent on selling products from their attached medi spa. I haven’t gotten into microneedling, but a good cleansing facial and quarterly light acid peel to remove any surface dead cells works for me. Yes, I’m “pink” for the day, but my moisturizers and serums then can penetrate much better. There are no dreams in a bottle, I agree. I can moisturize, fade damage w/ Vit. C serum and Retin A and then protect with sunscreen. At any age, that’s a good plan.