Honored Contributor

Re: Why , Oh, Why?

[ Edited ]

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@ pook  PLEASE share how you got rid of jowels! thank you!

I come  from a long line of facemelters and jowels just come with the DNA.  I started noticing them starting in my mid  40's.  I got Suzanne Somers Face Master and my face started lifting.  Well then my Face Master broke and they were taken off the market until FDA clearance which took about a year and a half.  I had to accept it but as soon as the clearance happened I ordered another one.  After the first use, I was in my car driving and glanced in the rear view mirror and WOW!  my face was again lifted.  Talk about distracted driving!!  Then I got the Serious Skin Care EGG and found that while the Face Master helped the eye area the best, the EGG lifted my face even more - especially under and around the chin area.  Great improvement.  Then Skinn had found a product that Dimetri thought was amazing - Trim-Lastic (which is a serum mask with a stretchy thing that goes under the chin and velcroes at the top of the head).  Not wanting to end up like my mother, grandmother and aunt, I tried it and that did the rest.  That thing didn't get great ratings because some seemed to be having a reaction to the warming mask or said they just couldn't tolereate it or complained that the stretchy thing was too tight but it sure worked for me.  I found an old driver's license from when the jowels were there and compared to my current picture it is obvious that I now have no jowels.  Many would not do all that and for some it might be cost prohibitive but as long as I can afford it why not ?  I don't have to use these things every day either and can use the masks twice to cut the cost. For  me it's fun and worth it.  I still have some wrinkling under my chin and neck but Skinn Neck Amour helps that tremendously.  Oh no!!  I have it on subscription from Evine but since he is now at HSN he might not bring it there!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook- Thanks for sharing your story with us!  So glad you have had positive results. 

Honored Contributor

No matter how ridiculous, it all helps the economy.

Honored Contributor

I’ve been using anti-aging skin care products since the young, tender age of 19 (even before that I washed my face every night & wore a moisturizer, just like Mama taught me.) At 19 I went to work for Estee’ Lauder while in college & that’s when it all really started for me! At 52, my skin is BARELY starting to show the signs of aging. I know as I get older lines will become more prominent & that’s okay. I take good care of my skin & I know without a doubt my skin looks better because of it. All I have to do is look at current pictures of my childhood friends who haven’t been as meticulous with their skin care regiment as I have, and that’s proof enough for me taking care of one’s skin does pay off over the long run.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.