Respected Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

As long as women buy into the narrative that their self worth is based on youth, beauty and size, the fantasy  they can turn back the clock with a magic potion will continue to exist. Once women embrace themselves for their intelligence, acheivements and experiences, the external and shallow values of what a woman 'should be and look like' will fade away.

BRAVA!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Shanus

The derm who I go to has conveniently placed the 'skin care store' at the front of the building so when you go in or leave, it's the first and last thing you see. They already talked me into signing up for their store promos...lol! ...like I can afford $100+ for a bottle of dreams. Uh, that's not gonna happen. What was I thinking??!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus

The derm who I go to has conveniently placed the 'skin care store' at the front of the building so when you go in or leave, it's the first and last thing you see. They already talked me into signing up for their store promos...lol! ...like I can afford $100+ for a bottle of dreams. Uh, that's not gonna happen. What was I thinking??!Woman LOL

@SilleeMee My derm’s office’s has an attached medi spa and store....like walking through Cracker Barrel to get my to my visit. Lol. The techs do the facials, peels, Botox, fillers, etc. Me? No way. Either the derm does the peel or I go elsewhere. So much can go wrong when putting acid on your face. 😬

Valued Contributor

I am gullible and have been taken in by the sales techniques in beauty products.  I do notice that my skin looks and feels better if I moisturize.  For me, I have found that Cerave works as well as Argan Milk.  That said, I will probably continue to purchase too many skin care items, some lesser and some higher priced.  Now, I have thoroughly confused myself. 

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  Obviously, you did not see the closeup.  I was taken back.  Deep wrinkles and many by the eyes, forehead lines and above the lips many wrinkles.    

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I spend too much but I do it to feel and look as best that i can.  I just feel like if I stop using the products I use then my skin will not look as good.   I sometimes feel guilty spending so much on skincare!

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Honored Contributor

Well, it's not just women who buy this stuff.  And, IMHO, it's the Emperors New Clothes Syndrome.

"LOOK, her wrinkles are GONE. They look SMOOTHER. See! SEE!!!!" and the host goes "OH MY GOSH YES, THEY ARE!!!" and you're looking and seeing no difference but EVERYONE does and you think you MUST have something wrong with your vision because EVERYONE ELSE SEES THE DIFFERENCE and....and....and.... OH YEAH, NOW I SEE THE DIFFERENCE!!!

SOLD!!! and round it goes.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

If it makes someone feel better about themselves, that's all that matters.  When you feel good about yourself, it shows.

@GCR18  Even if you look in the mirror and after hundreds of dollars, see no change? I’d feel “taken”.

You probably wouldn't feel good about yourself then.   If you buy cremes and such and it makes you feel good about yourself, that's all that matters.  

Trusted Contributor

Because hope springs eternal.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

If it makes someone feel better about themselves, that's all that matters.  When you feel good about yourself, it shows.

@GCR18  Even if you look in the mirror and after hundreds of dollars, see no change? I’d feel “taken”.

You probably wouldn't feel good about yourself then.   If you buy cremes and such and it makes you feel good about yourself, that's all that matters.  

If buying creams and potions were what made me have self esteem and feel good about myself, I would seriously re-examine my value system. That’s not all that matters.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown