Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Eye Shadow Color For Me

Have you considered a deep violet or emeral green? Once applied they really work well with brown eyes. I wear glasses and find that you can use a stronger shade because of the distance between the eye and  the glass lens. I like Bobbi Brown but Mally and Laura Geller make a good shadow stick.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

Have you considered a deep violet or emeral green? Once applied they really work well with brown eyes. I wear glasses and find that you can use a stronger shade because of the distance between the eye and  the glass lens. I like Bobbi Brown but Mally and Laura Geller make a good shadow stick.

@Fressa  I have blue eyes.  I don't think green looks good on me. I have used violet in the past but not lately.  I just ordered a Bobbi Brown stick but would consider Mally and Laura Geller at some point.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack  Take a look at Stila and Nordstrom Rack.  They have eye shadow palettes for uner $20.  Check out the Sale category at Stila.  I purchased an eye shadow palette yesterday for $15 after discount which i am giving to my hair stylist for Christmas.  Both were offering free shipping.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Good morning @NickNack. Bobbi Brown sticks are quite popular because they give smoothe application and are truly waterproof. You’re on the right track w/ the brown/golds. I’d add Nude Beach (grayish taupe), Sand Dune (Med. Beige) & Truffle (creamy tan beige). It seems you were missing some lighter lid shades that really open...lighten and brighten the eye. Your darker shades can be used on outer corner and/or crease blended quickly. I also use the medium to darker shades as liner w/ a fine brush. Hope that helps. 

@Shanus  p.s. to my previous thank you to you.  I ordered Truffle and should receive it soon.

@NickNack  I think you’ll love it. 🌸

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

So it sounds like you all prefer the cream eyeshadow crayons over the eyeshadow powders?....I tried a cream eyeshadow once and felt that I had to pull on my eyelid too much to blend it in, so I went back to the eyeshadow powder, as I'm just able to brush it on lightly without any tugging.

After reading your posts, I'm now thinking of giving the cream eyeshadow another try and will check out the Bobbi Brown line.

@MyShadowLove  Yes, a creamier formula may make a difference for you.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Good morning @NickNack. Bobbi Brown sticks are quite popular because they give smoothe application and are truly waterproof. You’re on the right track w/ the brown/golds. I’d add Nude Beach (grayish taupe), Sand Dune (Med. Beige) & Truffle (creamy tan beige). It seems you were missing some lighter lid shades that really open...lighten and brighten the eye. Your darker shades can be used on outer corner and/or crease blended quickly. I also use the medium to darker shades as liner w/ a fine brush. Hope that helps. 

@NickNack Thank you for asking this question and thank you @Shanus for this information.  I did not know the BB shadow sticks are waterproof.  I was blessed with my maman's hooded eye and am always looking for a little swipe of color for the base of my lid that will stay put.  I've given up on lining it and am hopeless on tightlining.

Trusted Contributor

@VenturaHighway That looks like a beautiful color.  I'm very interested in this myself.  Thanks for posting the photo.

Respected Contributor

@Misplaced ParisianI really like Bobbi Brown's cream eyeshadow in several colors. They look fine alone or I add powder on top in the same color family.

I have one called "Super Nova" by Jane Iredale that I love. It goes well with the "Heather".

I might add, Bobbi Browns's eyeshadows last a long time.

Respected Contributor

@Misplaced ParisianHere is the "SuperNova".

Trusted Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@Misplaced ParisianHere is the "SuperNova".

@VenturaHighway That is GORGEOUS!  I love it.