Honored Contributor

OH MY! 

I wanted to organize the linen closet. I also keep toiletries in the closet. I am shocked at how much shampoo, bath gels, bath soaps, hair products, makeup and tons of toothbrushes, toothpaste - the list goes on and on.

It is so easy to buy on a whim. But then I have so many unopened bottles and tubes of stuff. I could probably stop buying those products and still have plenty 10 years from now. Not sure I would want to use them 10 years from now but I can't believe how much stuff I bought.

I bought faster than I use the stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Purging the linen closet

My husband travels a LOT.  When he first started to travel, he brought home all the unopened soaps from his hotel rooms.  I have a plastic box, slightly bigger than a shoe box, still full of them, and he stopped collecting them a long time ago.  I use body wash, so it is up to him to use them up.  I have a lot of excess products too, and have told myself, NO MORE, until I use up what I have!!!!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I do enjoy a well-stocked linen closet.

What happens to me is, I always assume I have plenty of everything so I don't check and then I run out of an essential.

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

If you want to get rid of all those little hotel soap and shampoos, a homeless shelter would love to have them. Some food pantries take them to distribute also.

Honored Contributor

@Nutzy wrote:

If you want to get rid of all those little hotel soap and shampoos, a homeless shelter would love to have them. Some food pantries take them to distribute also.

Our church made 250 shoe boxes of toiletries for the homeless. But it ended Nov 14, I guess so they could distribute them. 

We ended up staying in 3 different rooms at Disney because of availability a month ago. So we had many shampoos, conditioner, bath gel, lotions and soaps to donate.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nutzy wrote:

Yes, I have thought about that.  I just may do that.  They are cheap soaps anyway.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla  ME TOO!  😧

Esteemed Contributor

I lived off mine for a year.  Dr. Dense,  It, soap, Dr. Perracone, philosophy, the toilet sprayspray.  Have to get rid of sheets. Good feeling.  I now ask myself,Do you want it or need it??

Esteemed Contributor

It became so easy for me in last few years....  Before like most of us, I too had a ton of everything, to the point I did not even know what I have. What a mess!

Until the time I finally came across the products I fell in love with, I mean - literally!

For hair care I have a variety of a few scents in WEN and it's ancillary products, and a bottle or two of Isomers Immortal shampoo, just in case to use once-twice a month to prevent even a possibility of any build up. 

For body wash I have Beekman Pure Goat Milk bar soaps and that's it!

I now know exactly what I have and when to buy back up.

LOVE these products, love NOT long for something else in endless search, and love how simple and easy it is to have products that work for me.

When it comes to a skincare, lol! It gets much more complicated! Even though I luckily have my main gig - Isomers, but still cheat because can't resist promising new potions! Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Same here - my master bath linen closet is full of beauty stuff. Our house is on the market and I have cleared out the excess linens and old towels but the beauty products...I did manage to donate some plus a basket of small toiletries. I use shower gel but I have been using small soap bars to wash my makeup brushes. I still have excess shower gels, shampoos, nail polish and makeup in there and am working my way through them. Too many great "deals" but then it just ends up being hoarded. I have cancelled a couple of beauty subscritions and auto deliveries as well. I cannot afford to spend so much on stuff I do not need.