Esteemed Contributor

Only to have a separate cake if it were the bride or the groom's birthday.

I was just at my nephew's wedding, and his sister, who lives out of state, was there. It was her birthday, (close to mine, so we always celebrated together). I just gave her a small gift, and we didn't make a fuss, only because of the wedding.

(What I think, anyway.)

Super Contributor

Hi! My wedding day fell on my dear aunt and uncle's wedding anniversary and on another dear uncle's birthday. We announced this after all were seated at the reception and surprised them with their own lovely little cakes. That was 26 years ago, and family and friends still remark how wonderful it was for us to do that.

Yes, it was DH's and my wedding but we wanted to show our family and friends that their milestones were still important and not forgotten on that day.

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/25/2014 Desertdi said:

Well, they did at one of mine. They also celebrated D-Day (which it was)......and everything else they could think of once they started drinking............

You are so funny!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

NO! The wedding is for the couple only, everyone else needs to be quiet!

Super Contributor
On 6/24/2014 Irishrose136 said:

RLL, where in heaven's name do you get these absurd posts of yours? It seems like you get bored and drop by the forum with a "hypothetical" "my friend" scenario. It just seems so sad. And after the OP you will "disappear" from the thread and not be heard from again until another "friend" has an odd experience.

She's pretty creative, isn't she. Maybe she's just lonely or bored. We can always "ignore" if we find them annoying. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor
On 6/25/2014 Kind1too said:
On 6/24/2014 Irishrose136 said:

RLL, where in heaven's name do you get these absurd posts of yours? It seems like you get bored and drop by the forum with a "hypothetical" "my friend" scenario. It just seems so sad. And after the OP you will "disappear" from the thread and not be heard from again until another "friend" has an odd experience.

She's pretty creative, isn't she. Maybe she's just lonely or bored. We can always "ignore" if we find them annoying. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

RLL has been getting away w/this for years. Just 'ignore' her. It's all fiction.

Valued Contributor

Is it possible to put OT by the title next time? I thought this was a question about a beauty product. That is why I opened this thread. Thank you.

Super Contributor
On 6/25/2014 Desertdi said:

Well, they did at one of mine. They also celebrated D-Day (which it was)......and everything else they could think of once they started drinking............

LOL! Hope it didn't ruin anything but just added to wedding day memories Smile

Honored Contributor
On 6/24/2014 voyager1980 said:

What I think is it's time for the Op's next essay or blog post & we're supposed to be her guinea pigs lol

I see that theory a lot, but I've failed to track down similar articles or blog posts written after the postings show up here. Has anyone ever produced any kind of evidence to demonstrate that this is the case? I just see conjecture and blame without evidence.

Yeah, the posts seem odd, but if you check her history, she doesn't always just disappear and she posts in threads that she didn't start. People keep saying she only posts a question like this and then runs off, but the facts of the post history don't support that. I don't know about you, but facts matter to me and the facts I can verify don't match the stories I see.

I think all the people throwing out the accusations need to bring some evidence to the table, because without it, this just feels like a witch hunt.

Honored Contributor

Whatever. I just wish posters would write subject lines that at least hint at the topic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland