Contributor

Flat Iron Ceramic vs Titanium plates. Help please

I'm really looking into buying a flat iron but I'm unsure of which one is better. I'm currently in between 2,one is ceramic and the other one is titanium. Can someone please explain to me what is the difference and which one is better ? Which one is less damaging to the hair ?
Respected Contributor

Re: Flat Iron Ceramic vs Titanium plates. Help please

Oh rats! Too bad there are no SIMPLE answers here. It's funny you should post this question because a few days ago, I googled ceramic vs. titanium but could not find SIMPLE satisfactory answers. So ... I didn't buy a flat-iron.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

I recall reading somewhere that titanium is good for thick/coarse hair. I know it may not help at all. One idea is to check Follica and magazine sites for articles on choosing a flat iron. Of course, if you find good info, do share you source! I believe I read the first sentence in a magazine, and remember it as that's my hair type. It takes forever for me to get mine straight and I have a Hot Tools ceramic iron. If I get warm, my hair instantly gets wavy or frizzy again. Good luck!

Contributor

I much prefer the titanium to the ceramic. It smoothes my hair so much better and I don't have course hair.

Regular Contributor

Love my Ion titanium from Sally's....