Honored Contributor

Re: Uh oh Brent, Beekman hand cream..??

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

Let us know if u hear back.

Someone also stated that the Honey & Oat doesn't have ANY honey in it? Brent brags about the wellness property in Honey? I was going to ask them about this on FAcebook.

@RACALAMB2 that is me. Why do they call it that if there is no honey? Then they go on and on about honey's therapeutic abilities but if there really isn't any in it,  you aren't getting any!! lol

Honored Contributor

@mistyada wrote:

The original version of the soaps only had a few ingredients but the new version has a lot more. They say goat milk is low on the list because it is done by weight and they use powdered goat milk now. The original soap used whole goat milk.

Bar soaps do not have to follow typical labeling rules in terms of higher % ingredients to lowest % ingredients. The ingredients can be listed in any order so one cannot state definitively how much goat milk is truly in the product or that other companies truly have a higher % of goat milk in their product based solely on the label. The only way to know the % of goat milk for sure is to ask the companies what %, if they will tell you. FDA does not regulate the labeling of "soap"! 

Valued Contributor

They have told these same untruths from day one and i have even called them on it with a email and got no answer....I caught the no honey 2 yrs ago Very deceptive...I think they are fake and quit watching long ago.I wont buy from them either now.I was told buy there CS a couple yrs ago that they did use powdered milk in the soaps because they didn't have enough goats to supply all the milk they would need ...Cracks me up how they pretend there goats are supplying the milk.They also claim no chemicals in there stuff but they use a preservative in lotions and liquid soaps that are said to be formaldehyde precursor.

Honored Contributor

Now, now, people, you are not being good neighbors. Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3. Now that's funny.

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

SuzyQ3. Good statement, but neither are they🤐
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cant believe the Evine legal dept has not called them down for all the false claims they make on the air. They are laughing all the way to the bank!!

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Now, now, people, you are not being good neighbors. Smiley LOL

LOL!! 

Respected Contributor

Early Last year people asked on their Facebook page about the mineral oil in their products and they answered they were going to remove it in their products one by one by the fall of 2016. Well I still see it is listed on their ingredient list of some of their products. If they did reformulate the products and removed the mineral oil then their packaging must reflect that. Do you suppose they are using up the packaging instead of reprinting it? They need to address this pronto. I see they ignore answering people's posts about the mineral oil. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wrote to Brent and Josh earlier this morning and got a personal reply directly from Brent shortly thereafter,  which I certainly appreciate.  Here was his reply to my issue with Mineral Oil,  which I had written to them about last year,  fragrance being so high up on the ingredient listing, etc:

"Thanks so much for being a good neighbor.

To address some of your concerns:

1.  As I believe I mentioned in my previous email, any new products made are completely without mineral oil.  If someone has a product that has mineral oil then it is remainder inventory or packaging from before the formulations changed. If this is the case then it only applies to certain varieties that had remnants of inventory.

2.  In regards to the ingredient deck, those ingredients are listed by weight.  Because fragrance is infused in liquid form, it is heavier.  If people desire a product with fragrance, this is what it takes. However, we specifically created Pure products for people who do not want fragrance.

3.  We have never made mention of what formulation of goat milk we use on air, but have no problem saying that we use powdered goat milk.  It has the same properties but with the water content removed.  As our company has grown and we started sourcing from goat dairies across the country, it made more sense to use powdered goat milk rather than use the fossil fuels (and cost) of shipping excess fluid across the country.  This also enables us to keep prices in check so that we can offer Evine neighbors good values.  Goat milk is lower in the ingredient deck because by weight it is a lighter ingredient in the powder form.  We use the right amount of goat milk to provide the best results for the skin.

For people who desire a soap using liquid goat milk directly from our farm, we still continue to offer those soaps at beekman1802.com and welcome people to make that choice.

We will always be working to improve our products, and as always appreciate your insight and efforts to make us better".  Sincerely, Brent

*                 *                       *                       *                            *                  *

I thought this was a very sincere and direct reply to my email, and certainly appreciate the time taken and very prompt response.