Respected Contributor

Got a skin (skinn) compliment!

As I posted before, been using the 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream religiously.  I think my skin has never looked better.  Yesterday went to lunch with my friend, she interrupted our conversation to say my skin looked really good and luminous.  I was also wearing the Skinn Plasma Fusion liquid makeup.  Haven't had a compliment on my skin in a long time!  Thanks Dimitri!

Respected Contributor

Re: Got a skin (skinn) compliment!

What a boost for you.  Thank you for sharing Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal

What a great compliment! It is always nice to hear that others notice, too!

Honored Contributor

I am of "a certain age" (57) and I live in the high desert.  I have discovered the value of luminosity.  Makes all the difference. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

How nice to receive such a compliment on your skin.  Must have made you feel great.  I bet now Dimitri's really "gottcha" lol

Esteemed Contributor

It is nice to get those kinds of compliments!

I've never used Skinn. What is in the Youth Preservation? Is that your moisturizer?

Respected Contributor

@just bee, what are you using? I'm one year behind you! 

This morning, I OD'd on Wayne Goss videos, and I'm always game for trying new things.

I am convinced I need to now step it up with more miniaturization than what I've been using-particularly under eyes and on forehead lines.

I have an assortment of primers and foundations, but after watching my hero, I'm taking his advice: I just ordered Makeup Forever primer in two formulas....They are both hydrating, but I ordered the all-purpose hydrating, and he waxed poetic about the peach primer and how beautiful it looks on fair skin.....so I ordered that one too.

I also saw a video about turmeric and an easy to make at home treatment: it's cheap, and worth a try.

I live in humid Florida-the opposite of where you live, but it hit me: you are surrounded by dry arid air. Aside from the obvious of drinking lots of water, exercise and eating clean, when YOU or other dessert dwellers find something that works topically, I would do well to listen!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

It is nice to get those kinds of compliments!

I've never used Skinn. What is in the Youth Preservation? Is that your moisturizer?

@Harpa - yes, part of the Skinn Collagenesis line.  It is awesome and has done wonders for my lines and neck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2

I don't like layers of products and I don't use a facial moisturizer or sunscreen.  I want one product to do it all.

I've already posted (whined, really) that my favorite products have just been discontinued.  I've been mixing two Lumene products -- their CC cream and their colorless BB serum -- and that's been my dependable "foundation."  The BB serum adds the luminosity.

Now they're unavailable.  I'm auditioning a BB cream by pur-lisse and I can't say I'm thrilled.  I have to use something under it so it doesn't look and feel like mortar.

Another thread mentioned jojoba and I've had a bottle in the closet for ages, unused.  Now I've been using it and it really makes a difference.

More companies are producing "illuminators."  I've heard L'Oreal offers their True Match™ Lumi Liquid Glow Illuminator for cool, neutral and warm skin tones.  Sounds like something that can be added to a foundation for a little glow.

For now I'm sticking with the jojoba.  It's inexpensive and feels great.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Hi @just bee! I love jojoba: I started the thread about stopping concealer and foundation increasing by patting jojoba on after your foundation and concealer wherever it matters.

From Wayne Goss I learned about using a drop of jojoba and adding it to foundation-liquid or cream-and it works!

I love Missha BB: it's a Korean BB that is amazing but the draw back is, it's made for Asian skin tones so the color is off. Blending it with foundation works and pores become invisible.

I love jojoba: I even invested in some 0.5 ml bottles so I can bring it on the go!

Poodlepet2