Honored Contributor

Re: Uh oh Brent, Beekman hand cream..??

[ Edited ]

So, I am thinking that perhaps Evine is at fault and has not updated their ingredient decks on their site. I would assume the TTV was brand new stock and mineral oil free since so many were available for sale. Once these start arriving home people can post as to what the ingredients actually list on the tubes.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

So, I am thinking that perhaps Evine is at fault and has not updated their ingredient decks on their site. I would assume the TTV was brand new stock and mineral oil free since so many were available for sale. Once these start arriving home people can post as to what the ingredients actually list on the tubes.

Perhaps I missed it but did he address no honey being in the honey products.

I do enjoy watching the Beekman boys but I am disappointed that I was lead to believe the product was from their goats, the ingredients were natural and "it isn't about the money" I must say they are excellent marketers. However even  Before knowing any of this I had stoped buying from them because I didn't experience anything special from the products.  I will order from some of the other goat producer mentioned.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 thank you for sharing the response- much appreciated. I have no issues with them using powdered goat milk instead. All that matters to me is the fact that my husband absolutely loves it and I no longer have to be on the hunt for a soap he is happy enough with to stick with! I may have to try their soaps from their website to see if hubby can tell a difference but somehow, I doubt he will. If he does, well, then we will use whichever he likes better. I won't tell him I am trying a different type bar. I also am using their soap more and more in the shower, which is crazy because I never liked bar soap and my skin is a little on the drier side and usually gets dried out from bar soaps but never with theirs. 

I personally never had a problem with mineral oil. To me, there are worse things to worry about in products. I also wonder what they replaced it with. Sometimes the replacement is worse (imo) than the original ingredient!

Anyway, thanks again. 

Honored Contributor

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

Let us know if u hear back.

Someone also stated that the Honey & Oat doesn't have ANY honey in it? Brent brags about the wellness property in Honey? I was going to ask them about this on FAcebook.

@RACALAMB2 If you are talking about the honey/oats soap No it does not have any honey in it. Several of their soaps have honey in the name but the only bar soap that actually has honey listed in the ingredients is the Apricot Honey Tea.

I love their soap plus the body cream in the jar. It does not have mineral oil in it.

Brent always talks about the honey, no petro products which is not true. I also read they sell products with different ingredients on their website then from the ingredients in the products they sell on Evine. IMO that makes no sense & would be difficult to keep track of.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Now, now, people, you are not being good neighbors. Smiley LOL

@suzyQ3 LOL!!! Hard to be good neighbors when you know they are lying.

Sounds like our next door neighbor. He told DH he was going to do xyz until we found out every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I cant believe the Evine legal dept has not called them down for all the false claims they make on the air. They are laughing all the way to the bank!!

@Shelbelle Maybe someone needs to report them to the FDA so they can tell them to stop with the bogus claims.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

Early Last year people asked on their Facebook page about the mineral oil in their products and they answered they were going to remove it in their products one by one by the fall of 2016. Well I still see it is listed on their ingredient list of some of their products. If they did reformulate the products and removed the mineral oil then their packaging must reflect that. Do you suppose they are using up the packaging instead of reprinting it? They need to address this pronto. I see they ignore answering people's posts about the mineral oil. 

@BabyYoda No. Legally I don't think they can change the ingredients & use the same packaging without changing the label. When you see most companies reformulate & use the same packaging they have a new label on top of the old. I don't think they will stop using the mineral oil until they run out of stock of it or find something else cheap to replace it with.

When the hand creams first came out they did not have mineral oil in them. Here is an example of the Honeyed Grapefruit hand cream ingredients before & after the change.

Honeyed Grapefruit Hand Cream

Aqua (water), Cymbopogon Flexupsus (Lemongrass) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glyceryl
Stearate, Cetearyl Glycoside, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol,  Parfum (Fragrance),
Manihot Esculenta (Tapioca) Startch, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk),
Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

Honeyed Grapefruit Hand Cream

Aqua (Water), Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance),
Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf juice,
Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 85, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer,
Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk).

Honored Contributor

I have heard Brent tell a caller No Mineral Oil when asked. The caller told him she was allergic & he told her no mineral oil. Josh did speak up & say you can see the ingredients on Evine because he knew their was mineral oil in what the caller was asking about. She was probably not happy after she received the products & saw there was mineral oil in it. 

I more ticked at him talking about honey in products when it's not.

Trusted Contributor

I just looked on Evine's website because I had purchased the 2 piece caddy of the handwash and lotion and then I recently purchased the 3 piece caddy and lotion.  I purchased the vanilla absolute (and a 3 piece ylang ylang).  

OLD - Vanilla Absolute Hand Lotion: Water, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/Acrylamide Copolymer, Mineral Oil, Polysorbate 85, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Goat Milk (Capre Lac).

NEWVanilla Absolute: Water (Aqua), Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), ), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) Sodium Hydroxide , Caprae Lac (Goat Milk).

The packaging on the vanilla did change, but I do cringe when I listen to the claims of "pure"ness. Either way I do enjoy their soap and body butter and may one day buy something from the website to try. 

Glad they responded.  Good post!

Respected Contributor

Has anyone tried the goat milk soap from Creamery Creek Farm? Wondering if it's very creamy, and thorough cleansing?