Esteemed Contributor

I have not used any of Tova's products in many years, but i find her to be gracious, kind, and an astute business woman.  While QVC may own her brand, I am sure that she could have someone on her team to cover for the hours that she would not want to work.  She takes pride in her product and wants to continue to be the face of it.  I say good for her.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I'm sure there is no disrespect intended. Vendors, legendary or not, have been scheduled in the wee hours of the morning. They all want to sell their product and I'm sure they're willing to do so any time of the day or night.

Honored Contributor

I was under the impression that the vendor selects the time slots because it does cost more money to appear during prime time or late morning, early afternoon.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 - I do not think the vendor selects the time. Time is based on quota being met. More $$$ made, more air time.

Trusted Contributor

Her DMQ designs are beautiful.  I have her most recent cross.  As for the time slots:  research tells them when to schedule her shows - if she sells more on the west coast, they give her west coast prime time with a smattering of east coast appearances.      

Honored Contributor

Yes she sold her company,.made lots of money,and quality went way down,same old story.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

At age 77 Ive never seen a woman age more gracefully than Tova. Years ago I wrote Tova to compliment her and the secret is a magical elixer called cactine that she discovered in Mexico. The cactus oils help moisturize the skin. I wish QVC hadnt discontinued it. I used to order it directly from Tovas salon in Beverly Hills. I even had my own personal beauty advisor named Jennifer. She would send me packages in beautifull wrappings in baskets. Those were the days. Always wanted to visit but never made it. Sadly the salon closed 10 years before she sold her line to QVC. Now the lovely Tova is relegated to a meer spokeswoman. She has no equity in the line. 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

QVC's shabby treatment of the lovely Tova continues. She was relegated to 1am on Beauty with Tova last night. The woman hardly gets any air time and when she is on now she seems to appear in the middle of the night. I dont understand why QVC just doesnt let Tova venture on her own. Betweem the debacle with Tova Signature and now this I have to think QVC puts a very low priority in Tova's line. At some point they should just cut ties with Tova. Their treatment of her is disrespectful. It seems women of a certain age are being shunted aside for the newer lines. 

Her items must not be very popular.  I have no idea why people take these things so personally.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tova disrespected again

[ Edited ]

@Reever wrote:

At age 77 Ive never seen a woman age more gracefully than Tova. Years ago I wrote Tova to compliment her and the secret is a magical elixer called cactine that she discovered in Mexico. The cactus oils help moisturize the skin. I wish QVC hadnt discontinued it. I used to order it directly from Tovas salon in Beverly Hills. I even had my own personal beauty advisor named Jennifer. She would send me packages in beautifull wrappings in baskets. Those were the days. Always wanted to visit but never made it. Sadly the salon closed 10 years before she sold her line to QVC. Now the lovely Tova is relegated to a meer spokeswoman. She has no equity in the line. 

@Reever   No offense intended, but doubtful that anything topical (unless including procedures) could preserve Tova to a beautiful 77 yr. old woman. It’s wonderful that you enjoyed such great personal service. 

Honored Contributor

@Pook Exactly my thoughts. Perhaps that is the only time that worked for her to take part in the show. It very well may have been HER decision. What we consider late night, middle of the morning times, can sometimes be the only available hour for the vendor. And I also agree with @SurferWife, it depends upon where you are in the world when you are watching. 

If Tova didn't want to do it, she can always say no.