Respected Contributor

QVC's shabby treatment of the lovely Tova continues. She was relegated to 1am on Beauty with Tova last night. The woman hardly gets any air time and when she is on now she seems to appear in the middle of the night. I dont understand why QVC just doesnt let Tova venture on her own. Betweem the debacle with Tova Signature and now this I have to think QVC puts a very low priority in Tova's line. At some point they should just cut ties with Tova. Their treatment of her is disrespectful. It seems women of a certain age are being shunted aside for the newer lines. 

Valued Contributor

She was on with Leah this morning on AM Style.

Respected Contributor

Did it ever occur to you that Tova is a business woman and that QVC reaches millions of customers even at a late hour? Tova is making money no doubt about it. Also her products appear on the reruns and online. Her age has nothing to do with it.

Esteemed Contributor

She's happy to be on TV - regardless of the clock.

Honored Contributor

1am is 10pm on the West Coast...LOL   I'm sure Tova couldn't be happier with her QVC hours.....and sales.  She was on with Leah earlier.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tova disrespected again

[ Edited ]

@Reever 

It does appear she's not on as much as in the past; two recent full hour programs in the past few months, in the early am east coast time, rather unusual for her in the past, and spots here and there as she had with Leah this morning.  I remember her having more one-two hour appearances in daytime and primetime suitable for both east and west coasts, but must admit I don't follow her that closely. 

She only has two new products, a ring and earrings.  

What did surprise me was Tova's Diamonique necklace I recently ordered.  Her name was not on the box, the insert, or the necklace.  Instead, "Tova" was replaced by "Diamonique."  No one would know it was a copy of one of her own necklaces.  Didn't think that was a good sign.  

Has anyone else received jewelry from her that wasn't marked Tova?

I'm inclined to think you have a point.  Don't know that it's age as much as her jewelry line might not be attractive to millennials, QVC's new direction.    

Respected Contributor

@ReeverYou obviously didn't watch the same show I did.  The host fawned and gushed over Tova for the entire hour.  Tova obviously makes a lot of money both for and from QVC, or she wouldn't be selling her fragrances there.  She's a good businesswoman, and you insult her by treating her like some sort of victim.  Give her some credit and grow up!

Honored Contributor

While she's not on a lot (which can be said of many vendor), I've seen her from time to time, and not in the wee hours of the morning.  I don't see any sign that she's being disrespected or treated shabbily by QVC.  Sorry.

Honored Contributor

Disrespect?  Tova's not a victim.  She's a business woman.   She's a smart cookie and would NOT, I think, like to be thought of as a victim.  It's a business deal and she made it.  Good for her. 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

QVC's shabby treatment of the lovely Tova continues. She was relegated to 1am on Beauty with Tova last night. The woman hardly gets any air time and when she is on now she seems to appear in the middle of the night. I dont understand why QVC just doesnt let Tova venture on her own. Betweem the debacle with Tova Signature and now this I have to think QVC puts a very low priority in Tova's line. At some point they should just cut ties with Tova. Their treatment of her is disrespectful. It seems women of a certain age are being shunted aside for the newer lines. 

She had serious financial problems several years ago. It is my understanding that the line is now a QVC house brand.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky