Trusted Contributor

New BENEFIT foundation debuted on HSN today

[ Edited ]

A new Benefit foundation is being introduced on HSN today. I received a sample from Sephora and it's very light, you don't have that "heavy" feeling, IMO, it's even lighter than Laura Mercier's tinted foundation and covers very well.

The vendor is, to put it mildly, simply awful. She's sloppy when applying the makeup on the models and, I think, is one of the daughters of the owner of the line. It's very reasonably priced and comes with a brush.

They also have the powder foundation too but I've never used it.

Honored Contributor

Re: IT COSMETICS new powder foundation

@wishmoon wrote:

A new Benefit foundation is being introduced on HSN today. I received a sample from Sephora and it's very light, you don't have that "heavy" feeling, IMO, it's even lighter than Laura Mercier's tinted foundation and covers very well.

The vendor is, to put it mildly, simply awful. She's sloppy when applying the makeup on the models and, I think, is one of the daughters of the owner of the line. It's very reasonably priced and comes with a brush.

They also have the powder foundation too but I've never used it.

@wishmoon  Your post doesn't have anything to do with your thread title - you might want to edit that.   

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, I did something wrong when writing the post, I don't know how that happened, I even had a different title. Of course, I wouldn't put something about IT when it doesn't concern that, oh well, thanks again.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Thank you, I did something wrong when writing the post, I don't know how that happened, I even had a different title. Of course, I wouldn't put something about IT when it doesn't concern that, oh well, thanks again.

@wishmoon  you can edit your post and even the title of the post.  I have even seen post responders somehow change the title.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did it! Thank you.

Ummm, no I didn't...

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon I just turned on HSN and they were showing the Benefit Boi-ing Airbrush Concealer, and the 1st model they showed the makeup looked horrible.  She used concealer over the entire face.  The model has very dark circles, which it does cover, but the concealer is so obvious especially in the corner of her eyes.  I don't have dark circles, but I do have a problem with most concealers caking in that area.  The only one I have found at the moment that doesn't do that ON ME is the Kim Gravel one.  But, as I said, I'm not trying to cover dark circles.  I have troughs that I'm trying to camoflage, so don't need but a tiny amount of product.

Trusted Contributor

Isn't she the worst makeup artist ever? Early this morning, she was fooling around with concealer too and put it over the model's lips! It looked awful but she didn't attempt to smooth it off the lips, she just takes a brush and smears it on the model, no finesse, I'm sure you and I could apply makeup better.

Did you see her show the eyeliner? She put wide lines on her hand, how many of us use eyeliner like that? What a disaster, I hope ppl write in to complain, she shouldn't be demonstrating, I don't care if she's a relative of the owners of the company, she's unqualified.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon I know I can apply makeup better than she can, but I don't apply with a brush.  I use my fingers and then buff out with a brush at the end.  The tiny amount of concealer I use, I apply with a flat brush but then pat out with my ring finger.  I have small round eyes, so thick eyeliner is a huge no for me. I go as thin as possible, but do thicken out at the corners for a bit of a cat eye, but even then I wouldn't call it thick.  

I just don't get the concept of using a concealer as a foundation in the first place.  I know some people only apply concealer or foundation in spots but I'm not doing that since I have never found an exact match to my skin and I want my foundation to even out my skin tone.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New BENEFIT foundation debuted on HSN today

Benefit's foundations always look fine in the container, but tend to change colors on me.  Maybe this is just something to do with my biochemistry.  Boi-ing lasts pretty well on me and I do recommend it for anyone looking to experiment with a super opaque concealer.

Annie and Maggie (the sisters whose mother and aunt founded Benefit) don't claim to be makeup artists. Their reasoning for not using a pro to apply during their HSN on air presentations is that the makeup is so easy to apply it doesn't need a skillful pro to look good on TV.  Personally I disagree with this theory.  A skillful makeup artist enhances on air presentations (imo), and I would think the better the makeup looks on the models, the more sales are generated.  Part of the reason for wearing makeup is to create an illlusion, and we should be mesmerized by fabulous on air applications such as those done by Robert Jones for Lancome, Laura Geller and others.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New BENEFIT foundation debuted on HSN today

The models on HSN tend to have more sun damage than models at the Q but that's to be expected because of location. I don't mean all models by any means. When I saw the daughter (thank goodness she isn't a makeup artist!), she was applying concealer to the sun damage on a mature woman's skin. She just slopped it on, if I were the model, I would be so embarrassed that I appeared on national TV looking like that. They would dissuade me from buying the product. I tried the new foundation, a sample from Sephora, and found I liked it and it had staying power. I don't think I'd feel the same after seeing it demonstrated on HSN.