Respected Contributor
On 4/1/2015 SeaGal said:

tigriss, baking soda is really hard on the enamel of your teeth, it will strip it off over time.

It is about how hard you scrub with it rather than baking soda itself. I will say that I don't always use it depending upon what I have ate, as I find it doesn't remove the smell of the foods/bad breath, so I use it after a yucky meal or the morning after a meal that leave that fuzzy feeling on your teeth/bad breath. This does remind to be gentle. I use the Ultra Brite to the fluoride, germ killing and all that good stuff you are supposed to use tooth paste for. Baking soda does work well to remove that yucky feeling and plaque buildup.

Respected Contributor

We were using Crest the Clinical one I think it 's called until my husband went to have his teeth cleaned and the hygienist said ""I see that you have been using Crest toothpaste"". She told him that the little blue beads are actually plastic and Crest is working on changing that but it will not be for awhile. They were stuck between his teeth. I tossed several tubes after hearing that because I do not want to be swallowing plastic no matter how much there is. Now I am trying different ones to see what I like. Great thread!

Honored Contributor

i use whatever is on sale and whatever i have a coupon for! i am not tied to any particular brand.......i also use mouthwash and my pursonic toothbrush.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor
I'd prefer to use something fluoride free, but my dentist suggested Crest 3D White for root staining, and darn, it works like a dream.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor
On 4/1/2015 luvsbulldogs said:

We were using Crest the Clinical one I think it 's called until my husband went to have his teeth cleaned and the hygienist said "I see that you have been using Crest toothpaste". She told him that the little blue beads are actually plastic and Crest is working on changing that but it will not be for awhile. They were stuck between his teeth. I tossed several tubes after hearing that because I do not want to be swallowing plastic no matter how much there is. Now I am trying different ones to see what I like. Great thread!

This is actually a common problem that is making its way into the legal system for toothpaste and beauty products. The beads end up in the water system in towns and can't be filtered out, so they re-enter the water system. They also end up in fish and other water life. It really is a problem.

Super Contributor
On 4/1/2015 luvsbulldogs said:

We were using Crest the Clinical one I think it 's called until my husband went to have his teeth cleaned and the hygienist said "I see that you have been using Crest toothpaste". She told him that the little blue beads are actually plastic and Crest is working on changing that but it will not be for awhile. They were stuck between his teeth. I tossed several tubes after hearing that because I do not want to be swallowing plastic no matter how much there is. Now I am trying different ones to see what I like. Great thread!

Wow, those beads in Crest are plastic? Thank you, I didn't know that.

Respected Contributor

Crest 3D White (I think that's the name) is amazing. I've always been a sceptic about tooth whitening claims but this formula actually does work. It also gives my mouth that ""just had cleaning"" squeaky clean feel. I never thought I'd ever ""love"" a toothpaste. But I love this one.

Trusted Contributor

Mentadent, works great been using for years. I like the pump system and refills, rather than messy tubes. Its also easier on the hands for me.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2015 Chrystaltree said:

Crest 3D White (I think that's the name) is amazing. I've always been a sceptic about tooth whitening claims but this formula actually does work. It also gives my mouth that ""just had cleaning"" squeaky clean feel. I never thought I'd ever ""love"" a toothpaste. But I love this one.

Do you use it on your veneers?

New Contributor

Kiss My Face Triple Action Toothpaste- use it because

Made in USA

• Fluoride Free
  • No artificial colors
  • No artificial flavors
  • No SLS
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • No animal ingredients
  • No animal testing
  • Recycled - Recyclable packaging