Super Contributor

Do you have a favorite toothpaste and why do you like it?

I've been using Super Smile for over a year and really like it. It does a dentist feel-like

clean for me, but it's pricey, IMO.

Thank you

Honored Contributor

Hi, SFC, I was not a fan of Super Smile, way too pricey, too watery, and hated the spearmint taste. I really like Colgate Optic White or Crest 3D White, but only the Crest one without the polyethelyne beads, the one without them is called Foaming formulation.

Honored Contributor

I really like the Arm & Hammer toothpaste. They are super strong tasting at first, but they leave my mouth feeling fresher longer than anything else I've ever used. When something new comes out, I often give it a try, but I eventually always come back to the Arm & Hammer toothpastes.

Honored Contributor
I use a prescription fluoride toothpaste at $18, a small tube.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Thank you ladies, for your suggestions. Colgate, Crest, and Arm and Hammer.

Sometimes, I think there are too many choices. LOL

Respected Contributor

We love Tom's (of Maine) Antiplaque and Whitening toothpaste. It has no artificial dyes or sweeteners, it is all natural w/ peppermint oil for freshie breath. Two times a week we use Go Smile Whitening Gel after brushing.

We use to use Crest forever until my hubby decided he does not want fluoride in his toothpaste any more.

Honored Contributor

Toms of maine, is also one I sometimes buy,i tried the supersmile , twice, once a few years ago, then tried it again, not worth the price.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Crest, just regular Crest - cool mint gel flavor. I've used Crest since I was a kid.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I prefer Colgate Total gel, or Crest with Scope, both because I like the flavors, but tend to go for what's on sale or what has the best price for the size. I do usually stick to Colgate or Crest. Then I also use a whitening toothpaste like Colgate Optic White or Crest 3D White and rotate it in with my regular tooth paste.

I think what really makes a difference though is your toothbrush. I use Oral-B Pulsonic (which I acquired from winning a prize), and I LOVE it! My teeth feel so clean, and my dentist says that I have impeccable hygiene every time I go for a check up. Any sonic toothbrush probably has the same or similar results. The only thing I don't like is the price of the replacement heads, and I'm not even sure they make them anymore. Smiley Sad I love it though, I wish I could find cheap replacement heads!

Honored Contributor

ginabfly - you are so right. I use an Oral B vitality - can buy them anywhere. To toothbrush made the real difference for me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise