Honored Contributor

Re: Sun Screen for the face....

[ Edited ]

@isaboo... I use Anthelios by LaRoche-posay" 50+ CREAM. They used to make 60+ Sunscreen In this formula. It is a luxury cream that I put on every day (retin-A user) and it feels good on my skin -- it is not greasy.image.png

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I use Neutrogena Baby Sunscreen. It's free of the chemical sunscreens and uses finely milled titanium and zinc oxide. (Physical sunscreen.) I break out from chemical sunscreens so I use baby sunscreen which is great because it's not only gentle, it's suitable for the most delicate skin. And it's not expensive--drug store. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I recently started using CeraVe Wet Skin Spray SPF 30 (for wet or dry skin).  It's in a metal spray can, which I love.  You don't get all that goop that you get from the plastic tubes, and I think it will keep the product fresher longer.  It doesn't seem to be clogging to the skin either.  Before I take my walk, I spray it on my neck.  I then spray it onto my palms and spread it over my face because I find it hard to spray it right on my face.  This spray-can approach is fantastic.

Honored Contributor

And while we are on the topic of sunscreen, it's a good idea to see a dermatologist for a baseline skin cancer screening. I went last year and it was all good and I do spend time out in the sun-- always with sunscreen on and sunglasses.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

There are a bunch of SooperGoop Sunscreens on Zulily today.

Honored Contributor

I am very allergic to some of the ingredients they use in sunscreens. I have already had to go to the ER with my eyes swollen closed from sunscreen. But I live in Florida so I have experimented with several and found baby face to be the best one for me.Yes, it is pale and white looking as it is zinc but when I'm going to the pool it is all I will use on my face , shoulders.I can do ok with the spray on ones for my back, arms and legs if i apply lightly and shower off as soon as I get out of the pool. When i see some people slathering gobs of sunscreen on it just makes me queasy, I have such bad reactions to it. It is not necessary to use gobs and gobs of it. I NEVER use sunscreen within about 3" of my eyes at all. I just can't tolerate it. I wear very large sunglasses that come around to the side of the face instead.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

There are a bunch of SooperGoop Sunscreens on Zulily today.

Thanks, I just ordered the big and little one. Hope I like them. 

Honored Contributor

The only one I'll wear beside my BareMineral foundation with SPF 25 is Josie Maran's SPF 47 moisturizer ( the untinted one).

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I was looking for a one-step, do-all product that would provide decent SPF, a little tint and a MATTE finish so that I could save time when getting ready for work in the morning. A tall order, I know, but I think I've come close. I just bought Coola Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 (based on the recommendation of one of you ladies) and I love the silky feel of it and the almost powder-like finish. The only downside is that it doesn't provide much coverage. My skin is pretty good though so I think this is going to work.

Regular Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I was looking for a one-step, do-all product that would provide decent SPF, a little tint and a MATTE finish so that I could save time when getting ready for work in the morning. A tall order, I know, but I think I've come close. I just bought Coola Tinted Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30 (based on the recommendation of one of you ladies) and I love the silky feel of it and the almost powder-like finish. The only downside is that it doesn't provide much coverage. My skin is pretty good though so I think this is going to work.

Elta MD tinted sunscreen does this for me. I usually use it in place of foundation. I am going to look into the Coola product though just because I always think there is something better out there lol.