Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

I'm sure you'll like this one, @JeanLouiseFinch .  As I mentioned on the monthly Skinn thread, Dimitri's always had a form of this in his line.  He's reformulated between anhydrous and adding a smidge of water...and tinkered with the extracts and botanicals a little.  I've had dry skin all my life so always used whatever he's offering at the time in addition to my moisturizer at night.  Once the heat comes on, it makes a big difference on how your face feels in the a.m.  Enjoy!  If those noir rose petals do as he says, DH won't be able to keep his hands to himself! Woman LOL

Do you mean he'll be dipping them  into the rose balm jar? hahahaha

@Gokat & @Judaline LOL you two!  Well, when Dimitri said the Rose Noir Balm would provide the most supple skin you've ever felt overnight, he wasn't lying.  I've been having some dryness in my orbital area (my fault for applying a serum that I wasn't supposed to - especially on the lids).  My lids were dry and tight and the corners were even split.  Last night I used my regular eye stuff and then pressed a little of the Rose Noir Balm over that.  This morning there was great improvement.  The balm did not disappear overnight.  I don't think I'd use it regularly during the day, but since I was staying home today I used a little more over my AM eye treatment.  I keep feeling and checking myself and that entire area is soft and hydrated. Oh, and when I was done, there was a little left on my fingertips so I rubbed over my cuticles! I think Dimitri nailed this one with the soft and supple results. This is a really nice product.  I'm normally do not have dryness issues, but I'm going to keep up with the auto delivery at least through winter.  I can see myself using the balm as a layer of protection on my whole face before going out to shovel and blow snow.  If any of the Dazzlers are on the fence about this one, I'd say to at least try it.  You have until the end of January to return it if you don't like it.

Sounds like a winner to me. I will be adding this to my wish list. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Thanks JFL! 

I missed this presentation, it is now $48, not $39.80.  It has 7 rose oils, I want to try this!. Did you get the lower price?  I'll wait for a coupon for $10.00 before I order, but looks great especially with the colder weather coming here to the northeast.  I have such dry skin, I do a mositure mask every day, so my skin should love this over my mositurizer.

You're welcome, @AnnMarie-1.  Yes, I was able to get the lower price and put it on auto-delivery for that price (just in case I liked it).  I really like Evine's auto-delivery policy.  You pay the shipping on the first order, but future shipments ship for free.  

Keep us posted Jean, I will be watching for your follow up.  I have downsized my skincare to oils & Vit C & Algenist serum for now, and this is on my wish list 

Trusted Contributor

Jean, how do you think this would be on the hair as a finishing product for shine & texture? 

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Jean, how do you think this would be on the hair as a finishing product for shine & texture? 

@AnnMarie-1  I don't think I'd use this in my hair.  Did Dimitri recommend that?  Have you ever tried WEN Pomegranate Finishing Cream? 

Respected Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

I'm sure you'll like this one, @JeanLouiseFinch .  As I mentioned on the monthly Skinn thread, Dimitri's always had a form of this in his line.  He's reformulated between anhydrous and adding a smidge of water...and tinkered with the extracts and botanicals a little.  I've had dry skin all my life so always used whatever he's offering at the time in addition to my moisturizer at night.  Once the heat comes on, it makes a big difference on how your face feels in the a.m.  Enjoy!  If those noir rose petals do as he says, DH won't be able to keep his hands to himself! Woman LOL

In checking the ingredient deck on Evine I did not see any water listed.  Any of th extracts could be lipid based and there are no emulsifiers  He even uses oil soluble Vit C, tetrahexyldecyl ******, which is a very pricey ingredient.  No reason to use that if you could use a much less expensive water soluble form of Vit C.  Did he say he added water? Could the ingredients be incorrect on Evine?  That would be too bad as this looks nice to add as a last step. 

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

In checking the ingredient deck on Evine I did not see any water listed.  Any of th extracts could be lipid based and there are no emulsifiers  He even uses oil soluble Vit C, tetrahexyldecyl ******, which is a very pricey ingredient.  No reason to use that if you could use a much less expensive water soluble form of Vit C.  Did he say he added water? Could the ingredients be incorrect on Evine?  That would be too bad as this looks nice to add as a last step. 

@Bella Carro  Water is the third from the last ingredient.  I'm sure it's just a smidge, as @Gokat mentioned.  I don't know enough about the chemistry, but it's got to only be a very tiny bit in order to get the right product consistency, but yet under a particular limit for him to still be able to call the product "anhydrous".  

Respected Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

I was curious years ago when I first starting using his anhydrous extreme product so did a little reading on it, @Bella Carro .  While I'm not a cosmetic chemist, my understanding is that there are particular problems with formulating the anhydrous skincare. Using water soluble vitamin C is one way to stabilize it.  HTH'sSmiley Very Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

I was curious years ago when I first starting using his anhydrous extreme product so did a little reading on it, @Bella Carro .  While I'm not a cosmetic chemist, my understanding is that there are particular problems with formulating the anhydrous skincare. Using water soluble vitamin C is one way to stabilize it.  HTH'sSmiley Very Happy

But, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate is not water soluble.  Def a lipid base and a fantastic but really pricey form of C.  That added to my confusion, I guess.

Respected Contributor

Drop a note to their team at the Facebook page @Bella Carro .  They're really great about answering questions and have more indepth knowledge of the ingredients and why than I do.  Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

@AnnMarie-1  I don't think I'd use this in my hair.  Did Dimitri recommend that?  Have you ever tried WEN Pomegranate Finishing Cream? 

I didn't hear Dimitri say that, just my own idea about putting in hair...I will have to check out Wen's Finishing Creams, never looked into them, thanks!