Valued Contributor

Roscaea - itching and burning!

August I was diagnosed with mild Rosacae and peri oral dermatitis - was on oral antibiotic 1X day for two months and two months ago topical Soolantra.  The dermatitis cleared about a month ago, but the Roxacea seems worse!  Have another Derm appt tomorrow - just so frustrated, never ever even as a teen had skin issues - always really nice, clear skin! 

Any words of wisdom from sufferers!

Valued Contributor

Re: Roscaea - itching and burning!

I have recurring rosacea and topicals and oral medications work for awhile and rosacea comes back always. What has worked for me is IPL. Works wonders for me and totally cleared up. Did it about 10 years ago and then came back mildly about 6 months ago. Did the IPL again and all cleared up.

Valued Contributor

What is IPL?  my cheeks are do darn red today and itching - I HATE this!

Glad you have something that has helped, curious!!!

Respected Contributor

I had clear, great skin all my life, then 4 years ago had episodes of red, scaly patches on my face that my Derm called peri oral dermatistis and sebboheic dermatitis.

Antibiotics and topicals did nothing....she finally perscribes a face wash called Sodium Sulfacetamide that FINALLY cleared up my skin ! If I notice any sympoms developing, I use the facial was and it disappears. It is perscribed forsebborheic dermatitis, acne vulgaris and acne rosacea.

Valued Contributor

I have rosacea and happened to discover an over the counter product called Prosacea.  It works for me.    Sold in most drug stores.

Valued Contributor

@Fifi1  it's a laser - Intense Pulsed Light.

Respected Contributor

Look for Tamanu Oil, my moms friend told her about this and it has worked wonders for my moms skin, her skin looks great!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fifi1  Start using Maracuja oil.  I buy mine from Tarte.  It is excellent for itching and also for any inflammatory problems.  Read about the oil online.  I use it when my scalp itches.  I massage the oil into my scalp and the itching stops.  Apply on your face and do this at least 2 x a day morning and bedtime.  It's a natural way and organic to help you out.  I also use it at bedtime on my face.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@PatriciaG  IPL helped my red chin and has always removed sun damage. Last time she turned the machine lower and I was swollen and puffy. I was due another IPL but cancelled since it's a long drive & my friend usually drives. 
  The Dr said turning the machine lower changed pixels somehow. He suggested spot treatment rather than whole face turned back higher. 
   I think with age my skin is thinner.

Valued Contributor

I'm reading and thank you all for your feedback!  I will make note of your comments to ask my derm.  I sure do have a new appreciation for folks with acne young/old - this has been embarassing - always had comments on my pretty, clear skin.  I haven't been able to wear much makeup at all for last several months and sure don't look or feel like me!

Thank you again!