Super Contributor

Re: QVC outlet shop, anyone been???

I've been to the outlet in Mebane, NC many times. It's about 2.5 hours from where I live and then we head on over to Durham to Streets of Southpoint. Like others have said, the outlets are a hit or miss. I've gotten several wonderful Dooney bags there for around $99 each when they've done their D&B sales and everyone of them has been in great shape - no nicks, scratches, whatever. They've had their dust bags in them and any accessories that they have been sold on air with them. I've gotten an Isaac ceramic watch that I really like and several other pieces of jewelry - Judith Ripka and Honora. I've also been able to pick up Ryka and Earth sandals. My favorite winter finds were the Denim & Co suede jacket that I've been wanting and a set of Malden Mills polarfleece sheets. The jacket was the only one they had and it happened to be the color I wanted and the size I needed. I had almost bought it on-line the morning I went to the outlet - glad I waited.

Contributor

On 7/29/2014 bluegrassbaby said:

Hfpint: I'll agree that the Mebane NC store does seem to have better looking handbags than other outlets I've been to. I also like the way they have them displayed in the glass cabinets standing up and not laying down on top of each other getting smashed. The Lancaster store is the worst for this I have noticed. I also think Mebane has the nicest employees of all the stores.

Since they remodeled, the Lancaster store now has glass cases for the bags and they were arranged nicely side by side when I went. They have the lower cost bags on the sales floor on regular racks like a store would have.

It seems more organized since the remodel but somehow I feel like they have less in there.

Super Contributor

Just came from my weekly trip to the Rockvale Square (Lancaster) store. My total was under $100.00.

I got a set of VPH amber twinkling spheres (They are less than $10/set including tax during the month of July.) Today there were a lot of the spring green color, gold, silver, teal blue but NO pink or cobalt. Still waiting for those colors to come to the outlet.

I got a pair of Clarks sandals.

I got a Linea WK turtleneck, 2 cardigan/tank sets from QF, 2 Susan Graver shells, a D&C short sleeved sweater, D&C shorts, Claiborne dress, and a Kathleen Kirkwood cami.

Respected Contributor

Got a B.Mak gold color leather bag with double braided shoulder straps for less than $48. Picked up 2 white jewelry holders, one wall hanging and one floor stand models for a total of $120 including tax --- for a friend who couldn't get down to Frazer from the Poconos. Another friend came with me and she scored to gorgeous B.Mak bags, one in pewter and own exactly like mine in gold. She lucked put in the clothing and suitcase areas.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I remember when I was in the Lancaster store earlier this summer they had TONS of those sprinklers for your yard. I wish I needed another one. They were under $15 as well. I think I paid twice that for mine from QVC and it has been worth every penny. It has a timer and you can make it go all different directions as well as change its width pattern. I love that thing. We planted some new grass this year and that sprinkler saved us a ton of time watering and turning off at its programmed time.

KJPA
Super Contributor

On 7/29/2014 KJPA said:

I remember when I was in the Lancaster store earlier this summer they had TONS of those sprinklers for your yard. I wish I needed another one. They were under $15 as well. I think I paid twice that for mine from QVC and it has been worth every penny. It has a timer and you can make it go all different directions as well as change its width pattern. I love that thing. We planted some new grass this year and that sprinkler saved us a ton of time watering and turning off at its programmed time.

I haven't seen those and don't even remember seeing them on-line/on-air. It's interesting how things come and go. One week there's lot of whatever and the next week there's none of the item.

I'll watch for the sprinkler, however. It's always good to hear from someone who's actually used an item.

Frequent Contributor

I went to the one in Myrtle Beach. I thought it was junkie.....and I love QVC. It was not what I was expecting to see. I was disappointed.

Honored Contributor

Are they returned items or brand new items?

Trusted Contributor

Went to the Lancaster location yesterday. Tons of Valerie's mercury glass spheres for $9.15/set of three. I was tempted, but I already have a set in silver, and really don't need any more.

Clothing was 75% off. This was the first time I actually bought clothing, as I've never seen anything that I wanted before. I got $236 worth of items (total that includes shipping and tax, if I had ordered online) for $40! My daughter got several items also, including a really nice Joan Rivers sweater dress for $10!

You never know when you're going to find something good. I've been at times when I've bought nothing. And then I have visits where I get a lot of bargains. The problem is that they don't have shopping carts. So, you have to carry your purchases around or pay for them, take them to the car, and then shop some more.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 annabellethecat said:

Are they returned items or brand new items?

The HSN one I went to had mostly returned or repackaged items...they were very careful to let you know about this ahead of time & it was my personal choice NOT to purchase repackaged make-up etc.