Contributor

Re: QVC outlet shop, anyone been???

On 7/28/2014 KateChopin said:

Yes, Rehobeth has great outlets of all kinds. There is also a Q one near Peddlers Village in PA.

Love the Dooney outlets, too---nice one near the Hamptons.

Where is there a QVC outlet neat Peddler's Village in Pa? The web site only lists Lancaster and Malvern in Pa.
Esteemed Contributor

Frazer is the one closest to the QVC Studios. I was just there 2 weeks ago for their crazy customer appreciation sales!!

New Contributor

Visited the QVC outlet in Myrtle Beach SC last month. Got a good deal on Breezies bras and also bought a neat little camera for $28.00.

Honored Contributor

I wish the Q had some outlets in the MIDWEST! They are all east or south. Darn.

kindness is strength
New Contributor

Visited the QVC outlet in Myrtle Beach SC last month. Got a good deal on Breezies bras and also bought a neat little camera for $28.00.

New Contributor

Sorry, didn't mean to post the same reply twice.

Super Contributor

I've never been to the outlets in Delaware or South Carolina, but the ones here in PA are nothing to write home about. The Frazer Pa outlet is probably the worst, it's dingy and kind of divey looking; it's truly more miss than hit. Some of the bags look like they have been hanging there forever. However, with that being said it was much better stocked a few years back. I think that's because most of the returns go back into the QVC inventory to be recycled rather than head to the outlet. The Lancaster store is more modern, but for the most part has the same hit or miss inventory of the Frazer store. I live very close to the Frazer store and about an hour from Lancaster store, so I hit the Frazer store more often (about once a month). There is usually a ton of Christmas, Temp-tations and cookware. The Dooney bags are mostly Florentine leather, but they are usually in the brown and black and look like they've taken a beating (lost of nicks and scratches). The racks are full of clothes, but if you are plus sized the pickings are slim and you really have to know how to shop a rack to find any hidden gems. As far as the jewelry goes, the fashion jewelry is sparse and the fine jewelry is a hit or miss type thing depending on the current sale. During the Holiday season you can expect to see some good sales. As I said I usually drop by about once a month to Frazer to see what's going on and I end up finding something about 3-4 times a year; to date I have one purchase at the outlet store this year and it was a Royal Palace rug that I got for $50 as a Manager's Special for 75% off the outlet price.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been to the outlet in Rehoboth Delaware twice. I must be honest .. I was really disappointed both times. I did pick up a temp-tations piece each time and one 14K gold chain. I was really interested in the leather handbags ... but the styles that were for sale were not to my liking and looked rather dingy.

Super Contributor

Love my outlet in Rockvale Square, PA. I live close and get there about once/week. I get incredible buys on clothing, home decor, etc. I usually pay 50-75% less than the on-air price. And there's no shipping. I've stopped buying jewelry because I have too much already.

As to the outlet being "hit or miss." That's what a true outlet is. It's not meant to be stocked with every size, every color, every style. If you see it today, buy it. It probably won't be there tomorrow or even an hour later.

I also disagree that the items at the outlets are seconds or damaged. A few are damaged, some clothing items are soiled but I wash all clothing as soon as I get it home anyway. I've found that almost everything I buy at the outlet is first quality.

Case in point: There are so many negatives reviews about some of Valerie's battery and timer items. I've gotten many of those items at the outlet and they are obviously customer returns. Most work perfectly for me. Not sure what that means but I have absolutely no complaints about items I've bought at the outlet.

As I've said before, if you want a good sale price from QVC the only place you'll find it is at one of their outlets.

Contributor

I used to go to the Prices Corner, DE one but now I just head to Lancaster, PA if I'm in the mood. Last time I was there I saw they had remodeled from the previous time.

It is definitely hit or miss like everyone says, but I'm one of the ones that likes the thrill of the hunt.

I got the Valerie spheres and mason jars in silver - the spheres were a monthly special for some ridiculous price, under $15 for the set I think, a Belleek baking dish for a wedding shower gift and a Susan Graver houndstooth topper (A237714) for around $13.

I called to see if they had any spheres in stock and found out they were the special so we went there and spent the rest of the day Geocaching it was a nice day out and about in Lancaster.