Respected Contributor

Re: One of the hosts used the word

I don't like it either. Whatever the meaning of the word has come to be over time, anyone who has been alive on planet Earth for a good while knows the origin. Same with shut the front door. I guess its just the way it is now in today's world. I remember I could not believe the title of the movie Dinner for Schmucks, and that was a long time ago.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see this as offensive. It's like "get serious", how is that horrible? (Shut the front door one) or if it's unbelievable. Maybe I have heard it differently.

Contributor

What is wrong with shut the front door are you serious ? Get a life
Contributor

Freakin is short for freaking.  How you take it is up to you, and where you mind takes you.  

Respected Contributor

It's not profanity, it's not a curse word.  It's slang.  She might be told not to use that word again but that's only if someone at QVC noticed or even cares.   The world we live in today is much less formal and constrained that bygone years. 

Respected Contributor

Well thats freakin embarressing!

Trusted Contributor

It kind of surprised me...then I got over it and smiled...I say it sometimes Smiley Tongue

I think they perhaps say it to make like so the program/show isn't as formal  - more lighthearted.

It's okay to me - doesn't happen too much as far as I know much and no biggie, I enjoy QVC's fun..it's on a lot when I'm doing things around the house.

I think in the scheme of things honestly it's small potatoes... but do respect anyone who thinks otherwise.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Valued Contributor

OK people, I'm dying to know. What is wrong with "shut the front door"?

Honored Contributor

I personally feel that the hosts use way too much slang.  Do they actually think we relate to their slang?  They need to act more professional.  Sure you can have fun but tone down the slang.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I hear people say dang and darn all the time, and those are really substitute words for Dam*...right?

Also, people say GOLLY, or GOSH, which are substitutes for saying GOD.....

There are all kinds of substitute words.....

Shut the front door, to me, is an expression of disbelief...or surprise. Do other people use it for something that is a curse word??