New Contributor

Re: My Amazing Grace Observation

I had seen AG on QVC forever but had not smelled it.  I was in a local Stage store and saw it. I put a bit of the tester lotion on and it was amazing. I didn't buy it then. I continued to think about it... I went to NYC for a weekend, went into Macy's and tried the AG as I decided I'd buy it.  Smelled awful and NOTHING like at the Stage store.  When I got back home, I was in my local Macy's and the AG smelled as it did in Stage. I bought it at Stage and at Macy's and love it.  How anyone could buy the AG that smells like I tried at Macy's NYC, I have no idea. It virtually has no fragrance, only what I can try to describe has a very faint chemical smell? I can only hope I will continue to find the amazing AG in the future. I won't ever buy without smelling the actual bottle I will purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I've noticed a difference too since Philosophy was sold to Coty.  I did buy the recent TSV with the super size and the perfume and I think it was a jar of body butter.  I really don't  like such large amounts, but I wanted this set so I bought it in two scents.  I think QVC should address these concerns.  I have also wondered if the products are "watered down" for these super sizes they sell.  That should not be the case.

Valued Contributor

R. e: My Amazing Grace Observation

So glad to see this Amazing Grace discussion because I have a theory.  I loved and wore AG years ago before it was well-known.  People were constantly asking me what I had on.  At mass, two rows behind me, an older gentleman asked me what perfume I was wearing.  At work, a male coworker came into my office to find out the perfume so he could buy it for his wife.  Women at work asked.  At the shore, I mixed both Amazing and Pure, took a walk up the boardwalk and people asked. 

This was back when  Christina Carlino made frequent appearances on QVC.   She really knew her stuff. I have a memory of the Philosophy site selling pheromone(s) in their product line.  It was a very small bottle, dark brown, I think.   It was for a brief time, but It caught my eye and I was really curious about it.  I considered buying a bottle, but all I could picture was me being followed by a throng of Mr. Hydes.

Perhaps phermones were in the original formulations?  To me, there is something missing.  I don't wear AG or PG because they do not compare to how they smelled before.

Discuss among yourselves....lol   

Respected Contributor

I bought the AG Eau de Parfum from ulta last year and I might as well be spraying water.  I have said many times that I alway sprayed the AG and PG on my clothes and they smelled so good in the hamper.  Now I can spray on my outfit and when I take it off there is nothing.  It is a crime to take something so good and ruin it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved AG.  Just loved.  Just made you smell good. I miss it so much but will not buy it because the last couple didn’t smell right.  I wish Christina never sold it. That was just lovely.  If she evers comes out with another fragrance, I will be sure to try it.