Respected Contributor

My Amazing Grace Observation

Amazing grace was my signature fragrance for years and I purchased it from QVC. At Christmas time I bought something from Ulta (can't remember what at this time, I'm sure it's age related)  but I received  a  free gift of a 4oz bottle of amazing grace body firming emulsion and guess what ? it was the original scent. It smelled so good and last all day. I compared it to a 32 oz bottle of amazing grace that I have had for about 4 months and the smell was totally different. Now 4 months in my opinion is not long and the scent should have been the same wonderful scent that I had worn for years.  Could it be that  Coty provides the original scents to the free standing stores and the bulk selling scents in the watered down version to QVC ? Just my observation and maybe it was just for Christmas to increase sales.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Amazing Grace Observation

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Amazing grace was my signature fragrance for years and I purchased it from QVC. At Christmas time I bought something from Ulta (can't remember what at this time, I'm sure it's age related)  but I received  a  free gift of a 4oz bottle of amazing grace body firming emulsion and guess what ? it was the original scent. It smelled so good and last all day. I compared it to a 32 oz bottle of amazing grace that I have had for about 4 months and the smell was totally different. Now 4 months in my opinion is not long and the scent should have been the same wonderful scent that I had worn for years.  Could it be that  Coty provides the original scents to the free standing stores and the bulk selling scents in the watered down version to QVC ? Just my observation and maybe it was just for Christmas to increase sales.  

@Goodie2shoes

I have often wondered the exact same thing.

Honored Contributor

This is an interesting topic.  I never had the pleasure of having the original Tova fragrance.  From reading the forums it was stated that she sold her co. too.  Everyone was saying the fragrance is different.  I purchased the solid thinking it would be ok.  Well the scent does not last when you wear it and now my solid has no fragrance at all.  I cannot believe it. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@Goodie2shoes

I have often wondered the exact same thing.

I do purchase all of my Philosphy from Saphora.  I noticed that the fragrance does last.  I have the roller ball amazing grace that I carry in my purse.  I have had it a while and there is only a tiny bit left and it smells as good as it did the day I purchased.  The fragrance of amazing grace is truly amazing.Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I, too, have observed the same thing.  When I was in Ulta a month ago, I was happily surprised at the wonderful, full fragrance of the Amazing Grace body firming emulsion. The fragrance was the Amazing Grace of old not the current Q version.

I used to always get compliments on my fragrance but since Coty bought the brand the scent was much different and the compliments stopped.  I think you have a valid point, I don't know how else to explain the difference in scents between the Q and Ulta.

I am a Philosophy girl, when the formulation of When Hope is not Enough serum was changed, a little sticker was placed on the box from the Q stating 'New Formulation'.  I compared the ingredients on my new and old bottles, saw the changes and still love the serum.  This was a few years ago. 

GET RICH...........Count Your Blessings!
Honored Contributor

I purchased Amazing Grace body lotion back in December from QVC.  I thought it had a very strong scent and I did not care for.  When these big companies take over they cut corners using cheaper ingredients and you can smell it!  I remember AG being very pretty, pleasant smell and not in your face scent.  I am now hooked on Lemon Custard and Vanilla Fig body lotions.  Happy St. Patrick's Day for everyone observing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Hmmm.  You girls may be onto something.  I need to make a trip to my Ulta!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I have said this before, I think the Q gets the watered down version and that is how they can sell it at a low price. I buy mine from Ulta or Macy's, no problem there. 

Trusted Contributor

I have been wearing Amazing Grace for years. Since Cristina Carlino was On QVC. I always bought spray fragrance and loved it. I am very sensitive to scents so it was not overwhelming but people always compliment me on my fragrance. Then I noticed it had changed and I had to but EDP instead of spray fragrance. I buy it at different stores so I don't know if the scent has been diluted . I still wear it along with Pure Grace. It doesn't smell the same though.
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes

I just sent back the whole kit of AG.  FIVE or Six pieces I layer after shower.  Scent did not last one hour witha the layers.  For 90.00, no way.  

I think the Q puts old stuff on TSV.  Going to try it from Macy,s.