Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Hair Fill In Powder

When I colored my hair I used  the BROWN JR fill in powder  to cover my grey grow out.... between colorings...it was wonderful! 

When I quit coloring and let my hair go silver 100%,I used and STILL USE  the WHITE  JR fill in powder to hid my pink scalp when I part my hair etc.   Still wonderful!  Thank you Joan❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Be careful of the ones that say it has fiber to grip the hair.  Just in my experience, I tried one of those and it does exactly what it says.  That was my problem -- it grips the hair and makes it incredibly stiff and crunchy at the roots!  It was difficult to comb through, if you even wanted to touch up your hair.  Therefore, if you aren't careful, it can pull your hair out.  It felt horrible, and I used very ittle.

I have used Toppik since it was introduced on Q a million years ago.  It has fibers but I have never had that problem at all.  Nothing even remotely close.

For thinning and gray, Toppik has by far been the best and I try everything Q has or will come out with!

By the second week after my coloring...I am using it already!

I also use JR but it doesn't cover grey like Toppik can.  JR is great for hiding the scalp and helps disguise the grays but for me.  it doesn't cover these BRIGHT greys once the 2-3rd week comes along.

@RespectLife   That's a relief; I am glad there are other types like Toppik that work great.  The one I used wrecked havoc on my hair. 

I tried to find the specific one I used, and I cannot find it online.  I know I purchased it from HSN, about four or five years ago.  It came in a shiny purple compact, very similar to the Joan Rivers style of packaging.  It was also pressed powder. 

I tried to search on HSN, but their search for order history is horrible!  You have to be exactly sure when you purchased something, and it only goes back as far as one year.  I cannot find it online at all now -- I wouldn't be surprised if it was discontinued completely.

@Caaareful Shopper 

Toppik sprinkles out of a shaker, loose, not pressed powder.  Like a little cheese shaker!  LOL  I believe when it was sold on Q, it came w/ hair spray to 'set' it.  I have never needed hair spray when using it myself.  I would imagine that would add some crunch.

There is also Boldify on Amazon that ppl have mentioned which is supposed to be like Toppik.  I haven't tried it though.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife  I've never tried Toppix.  Do you remember the makeup artist for Kelly Ripka that was on QVC not too long ago?   He also had a root touch up product.  Kristopher Buckle was his name.  He used to say he used it every day because he was very bald at the top of his head.  It was a 2-step application of a powder then a gel.  None of his products are on the Q any longer -- none.  

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

His name sounds familiar but I don't think I know him....

I did buy a small compact of powder cover not all that long ago but I can't remember!

It was selling out all the time.  Maybe it was his!

Either way....I grab Toppik first, it is just so fast and easy.  JR is my second grab.

I have thinning which is magnified greatly by the grey skunk line!

Honored Contributor

FYI, I buy my Toppik on ebay,but I have been finding great deals on XFusion on ebay, which is same product as Toppik, made by same mfg, it is just marketed under a different name.