Honored Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers Hair Fill In Powder

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Be careful of the ones that say it has fiber to grip the hair.  Just in my experience, I tried one of those and it does exactly what it says.  That was my problem -- it grips the hair and makes it incredibly stiff and crunchy at the roots!  It was difficult to comb through, if you even wanted to touch up your hair.  Therefore, if you aren't careful, it can pull your hair out.  It felt horrible, and I used very ittle.

I have used Toppik since it was introduced on Q a million years ago.  It has fibers but I have never had that problem at all.  Nothing even remotely close.

For thinning and gray, Toppik has by far been the best and I try everything Q has or will come out with!

By the second week after my coloring...I am using it already!

I also use JR but it doesn't cover grey like Toppik can.  JR is great for hiding the scalp and helps disguise the grays but for me.  it doesn't cover these BRIGHT greys once the 2-3rd week comes along.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Be careful of the ones that say it has fiber to grip the hair.  Just in my experience, I tried one of those and it does exactly what it says.  That was my problem -- it grips the hair and makes it incredibly stiff and crunchy at the roots!  It was difficult to comb through, if you even wanted to touch up your hair.  Therefore, if you aren't careful, it can pull your hair out.  It felt horrible, and I used very ittle.

I have used Toppik since it was introduced on Q a million years ago.  It has fibers but I have never had that problem at all.  Nothing even remotely close.

For thinning and gray, Toppik has by far been the best and I try everything Q has or will come out with!

I also use JR but it doesn't cover grey like Toppik can.  JR is great for hiding the scalp and helps disguise the grays but for me.  it doesn't cover these BRIGHT greys once the 2-3rd week comes along.

@RespectLife   That's a relief; I am glad there are other types like Toppik that work great.  The one I used wrecked havoc on my hair. 

I tried to find the specific one I used, and I cannot find it online.  I know I purchased it from HSN, about four or five years ago.  It came in a shiny purple compact, very similar to the Joan Rivers style of packaging.  It was also pressed powder. 

I tried to search on HSN, but their search for order history is horrible!  You have to be exactly sure when you purchased something, and it only goes back as far as one year.  I cannot find it online at all now -- I wouldn't be surprised if it was discontinued completely.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@RespectLife   That's a relief; I am glad there are other types like Toppik that work great.  The one I used wrecked havoc on my hair. 

I tried to find the specific one I used, and I cannot find it online.  I know I purchased it from HSN, about four or five years ago.  It came in a shiny purple compact, very similar to the Joan Rivers style of packaging.  It was also pressed powder. 

I tried to search on HSN, but their search for order history is horrible!  You have to be exactly sure when you purchased something, and it only goes back as far as one year.  I cannot find it online at all now -- I wouldn't be surprised if it was discontinued completely.

Signature Club A offered a very similar product to Rivers for a long time, but I dont think it is offered on HSN any longer. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle  it is still offered.

Signature Club A Hair Fill & Color Kit Lt/Med Brown AS

SCA Thinning Hair Powder Kit

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Regular Contributor

This was a favorite topic years ago.  Can anyone give me any information on it.  I have been using retinol for years but looking for  stronger ones.  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Green Cream retinol product

@Mom in NY wrote:

This was a favorite topic years ago.  Can anyone give me any information on it.  I have been using retinol for years but looking for  stronger ones.  TIA

@Mom in NY   Wait.  I'm confused.  Did you start another conversation "Green Cream retinol product"  within this thread?  Perhaps it was a mistake of clicking Reply instead of New Message

Honored Contributor

This is strange...the title of this thread got changed somehow??

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This is strange...the title of this thread got changed somehow??

With Mom in NY it changed.  Very strange indeed.

Honored Contributor

i have looked into buying Tru Hair several times, but the reviews are so poor, tons and tons of one star, that is a turn off to me, and I wont buy it.  It looks as if does not have the grip that Rivers or SCA have. 

Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Shelbelle  it is still offered.

Signature Club A Hair Fill & Color Kit Lt/Med Brown AS

SCA Thinning Hair Powder Kit

Thanks, I never see it presented anymore.