New Contributor

Skin Fix eczema + hand repair

I love this product!  It really works great.  I bought it from QVC a few years ago, when it was around $4.50 per tube for 3 ounces.  I see QVC no longer sells this product.  But it is now sold for $24 a tube.  This is outrageous, over a 500% increase.  How could this be?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skin Fix eczema + hand repair

[ Edited ]

@Amelia Z wrote:

I love this product!  It really works great.  I bought it from QVC a few years ago, when it was around $4.50 per tube for 3 ounces.  I see QVC no longer sells this product.  But it is now sold for $24 a tube.  This is outrageous, over a 500% increase.  How could this be?

@Amelia Z

Is it still being produced by the manufacturer?

I've seen price jumps like this when there's no longer a steady supply being produced, or when the original formula has changed and the new formula isn't as effective as the old one.

This happened to things I've loved, and I scramble to buy from eBay or wherever.

IF THIS IS THE CASE for your item, the longer you wait, the lower the supply and the higher the price will go.

Honored Contributor

@Amelia Z ... Try Amazon.  Can't remember the price I paid, but that's where I got mine.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Skinfix has discontinued lots of items tems but the Eczema+hand cream is still available on their website, 1oz is $8.00 & 3oz is $18 & if you subscribe it's $16.20. Some buyers mentioned the price went up when Skinfix teamed with another retailer but didn't mention the retailers name. Anyway, sadly the price is the price...Good Luck @Amelia Z.  

New Contributor

Hi I did check amazon.  29 & 35 per 3 oz tube. CRAZY!  I found it on ebay for $10 but had to buy 5 tubes.  So I'm good.  I checked the ingredients between the old and new and they are the same.  So it must be a manufacturing issue.  I emailed the company.  I doubt I'll get a reply.