Valued Contributor

By "warmth", do you mean yellow?

What is the point of showing two models who are wearing the same shade?

Honored Contributor

@Maggie Nolia wrote:

By "warmth", do you mean yellow?

What is the point of showing two models who are wearing the same shade?

@Maggie Nolia   Warmth can mean leaning towards yellow or more olive before you reach the darker shades. I know I can identify with the blue eyed model Amy since her coloring is similar to mine. If I were to order foundation from TV & she was a FAIR, I would be, as well. 

Regular Contributor
Same old TSV from It. Why not skincare, eyeshadow etc for a change.
Regular Contributor

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics

[ Edited ]

@twocatlou wrote:
Same old TSV from It. Why not skincare, eyeshadow etc for a change.

@twocatlou   I'm not sure their skincare is well received since they claim most of it is already in the CC cream. I haven't seen a new shadow palette in years. They stay with what brings in the most money.

Honored Contributor

I don't think this was a planned TSV.  That is why I think it was the same old, same old.

Their skincare does seem to get very good reviews.  I am using the eye cream and the Confidence in a Gel moisturizer right now and both are very nice products.  I had my doubts because the ingredient deck is so big but I was pleasantly surprised.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the IT CC cream and ordered this TSV. I try to catch/order the Supersized that's been offered as a TSV in the past. 

Did I miss the Supersized TSV?

I also love the Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm but it hasn't been offered at tbe special event price at HSN in awhile so I grabbed the IT TSV yesterday

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Yes the warm is absolutly yellow. The cool is pink and the neutral is a combination of both sades.

Super Contributor

The IT website has a better description of the undertones for each shade (W, C, N) than I have found on the Q. Also, I wish they would come up with better ways to describe the shades than "fair is fairest of the fair", "medium is for medium skin tones", etc. I'm sure English teachers everywhere are cringing, as am I. 

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Trusted Contributor

I wore the fair in the CC cream for years before I discovered it is actually for WARM skin tones.  The fair light for cool tones is extremely pink on me.  I have cool tones. I think all IT foundations lean towards the yellow side that's why I don't wear it anymore.  It's too bad because I really liked it. They just need to make their lighter shades in more cool tone options.