Trusted Contributor

@monicakm First of all, that picture made me laugh - I couldn't figure out why on earth you were sharing a picture of ketchup!  LOL  good grief, that's awful.

Sending you a big hug.  I agree that going to the doctor may help.  My dad had dementia and Parkinsons and when it was getting bad, my mom just refused to listen to us.  It was just a very difficult time.  I know that she knew we were only trying to help, but she was slowly losing my dad and I think was so scared.  In her mind it was 'her job' to take care of him.   Sitting with the doctor and talking helped her realize she needed help with my dad.  I think having that outside medical opinion will help   Wishing you the best.  Take time to take care of yourself too.

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick 

These days you never know (and probably can't even guess) what's coming down the pipe from the "makeup" industry.  I'm going to go look in my pantry and see if I can come up with any ideas I can pitch Smiley Wink

Since mom and dad have agreed to moving into an assisted living facility, my daughter seems to think we can hold off a bit on taking her to see her Dr.  I think we should still make an appt.  We're still discussing it.  The move (and losing my brother)  will/is a big change and some medication should help with that AND her dementia.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm I agree with you about still taking your mom to her doctor now.  Often these type drugs have to be tweeked or changed.  It would be better if that adjustment time was in her home.  If you wait until she is in assisted living, it may be too many changes at once.

Better to have her more "stable" before their move.

I think it is lovely that your daughter is buying your parent's home.  I would think that would give them some peace about it.  You are fortunate to have a family that surrounds each other in good times as well as the trying ones.

Just my thoughts for what it is worth.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Thank you.  Kind thoughts are always welcomed Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm I am so sorry for your loss of your brother. My prayers go out to you and your family. Take good care!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm ... OMG!   I had no idea you had lost your brother.   Please accept my most heartfelt condolences.  

With-Deepest-Sympathy-Pic-1944475912.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector 

Thank  you so much.  I feel like I'm about to lose my "brave face".  I was so relieved that he was out of the torture he was in while cancer ravaged his body.  Dr told him he would only life a few days (less than a week).  He held on for a month and there was nothing good about it.  It's been almost 2 weeks and I feel like I'm about to lose it.   I shouldn't.  He is exactly where he prepared to be and he's much better off than any of us on this earth.  Some very wise lady on this forum said (paraphrasing) not to be surprised if my feelings change and I do mourn and cry for my family's and my loss.  My husband said he's just been waiting for it to "hit" me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Just Need a a Break

[ Edited ]

Dear @monicakm ....   Two weeks is a short time.  You need to give yourself time to grieve.   You have to do it in your own way and in your own time.  Do what ever it takes.  Don't let anyone tell you how you should feel, when you should feel, what you should do,  You need to do whatever is right for YOU!.  I haven't read all the posts but it seems like you also have elderly parents to take care of.  You certainly have a lot on your plate.   I can relate to watching a loved one die from cancer.  My Dad had pancreatic cancer. My Mom, brother, and I knew something was wrong but he didn't want to talk about it.  He was a physician so he knew there was nothing to be done.  When we finally got the diagnosis that it was pancreatic cancer it had metastasized to the liver... he had only three weeks left to live.  That wasn't pretty either.. he deteriorated so quickly in those three weeks it was frightening.   I took care of my mother for 15 years after he passed.   She suffered from congestive heart failure.   She lived with my husband and I the last year of her life because she couldn't be left alone.  It's not easy but somehow God gives you the strength to get through it.  

There a lot of good people on these forums.  If you need to vent here do so.   If talking about makeup here helps do so.  If you need to disappear for a while do so .... Your "friends" on these boards will be here for you.  

Esteemed Contributor

Goodness, what challenges you have faced.  And you have done so very well with all of them.  It looks like things are working themselves out; you are wise to take your mom to the doctor, perhaps a medication will ease her mind and transition to a new living arrangement.  

Sending good thoughts your way.