Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Need a a Break

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   While you're in the midst of worrying and trying to make sense of family issues, don't forget to take care of a very important person....you!

Hugs and sympathies to you and you family. 💕

Respected Contributor

@monicakm ...i am very sorry for what youve gone through, are going through and the challenges ahead.

Grief is a roller coaster. Somedays you feel relief its over, somedays you cant believe it all happened, somedays it feels like its just starting, or never going to end and then on top of all that...you miss the person you love and their love.

However you feel, it is ok and if it changes, its normal. Forgive people who say stupid things, they are usually just nervous. I hope you get the break you need, be good to yourself. ::hugs::: Lizzie

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

Thank you.  Those are wise words and I appreciate them.

Respected Contributor

monicakm, my heart goes out to you and your family for your loss. It sounds as though your brother was very much loved and will be terribly missed.

I admire your strength and courage as you not only must deal with your grief but your mother's situation. You have obviously given great care and consideration as to what comes next and will enlist the help of your mother's physician. 

I prefer ketchup on my food rather than my face but perhaps that's just me. I kept staring wondering if there was some kind of point or "deep" meaning to the ad that I didn't get. Your capturing it as reflecting "the absurdity that is today's makeup industry" was perfect.

You seem kind and compassionate and a devoted daughter, sister and mother. I will pray for all of you and the best possible outcome.

QVC Customer Care
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm So sorry for all you & yours are going through; they are lucky to have you.  Just remember to take a minute for you every so often.

Honored Contributor

When I was up till 5:15 this morning packing to get ready to spend an indefinite amount of time taking care of my parents, I had no idea I'd be back home tonight.  They can no longer live alone. Around the clock nurse would cost them $10,800 a month.  An assisted living facility in their town where all their family is will be a third of that.  And that $10,800 a month does not include utilities, property taxes, maintenance, yard work, food, etc.  Mom reluctantly agreed to go and said she realized they couldn't stay there now that my brother is gone. Dad on the other hand had two questions. Who will be sleeping with and can I bring my dog.  I said you'll be sleeping with the same woman you've slept with for 65 years and yes you can bring your dog. He's good.  I absolutely can't imagine being forced out of my home that I love so much. I know this is so hard especially after just losing my brother but they don't have time to think about it and the recent events. They need help now and I can't offer it with a broken knee.  I knew that when I went over there today but I had to try.  So the nurse that cared for my brother in his final days is there now and will stay until Mom and Dad's transition to the assisted living facility. We don't know exactly how long that will be. Hopefully not more than a couple of weeks.  My daughter and her husband have already told them they will take care of everything.  They don't have to go through any realtors or potential buyers or showing the house, keeping it in pristine condition for showing and all that goes with selling a house. My daughter and husband are buying the house.  It couldn't be an easier transition but that doesn't make it any less painful.  Now I can have my second total knee replacement and know that they are being cared for.

Honored Contributor

So sorry for your loss of your dear brother!  I came to the beauty forum just to see if you had any news.Woman Sad

But it seems like everything is falling into place.  

That is a blessing!Heart

Valued Contributor

@ECBG   Thank you for this lovely poem! I printed it out and will put it in "My Box" for my children. The box contains all the pertinent info they will need when I go. This will be a comfort to them I hope.

Honored Contributor

@zitawins 

You are more than welcome.  

The writing is available in print if you would like one to hang.  I think is is a lovely reminder of those whom we have lost.