Honored Contributor

For Those That Do Their Own Nails......

Not in love with the OPI base coat and top shine polish I picked up a while back and just opened.

I looked for my "Revlon High Shine Top Coat" and the "Revlon Base Coat" and availibility is an issue!  They were such good products!  Gee!

What do you use please?

Respected Contributor

Re: For Those That Do Their Own Nails......

I love Gelous base coat, I get it from Sally Beauty.

I like Seche Vite or Posh for a top coat. Seche is available at Ulta or Target. I get Posh on-line.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I use Orly bonder as a base coat, and Seche Vite top coat.

It works well for me.  
I have never tried the Revlon products you mentioned, so am unable to compare the products for you, @ECBG 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG 

I use Duri Rejuvacote for base and top coats.  Add another top coat 24 hrs. later, then every other day and your manicure will last and last. 

I learned about Duri from someone on this forum years ago.  My nails were always strong, but I had a problem with peeling and splitting.  Once I began using Duri Rejuvacote, that all stopped and now they really are perfect.  Once or twice I tried another product, but nothing works as well for me. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Londontown. They are pricey but boy do they perform. Shine and durability is outstanding.  

Hsn has this set for $29. It has the base and top coats. Even if you won't wear the colors, this set is a steal for $29 / free shipping.  One usually sells for $20. 

Londontown 5-piece Island Vibes Nail Collection

https://www.hsn.com/products/londontown-5-piece-island-vibes-nail-collection/20505102?query=20505102...

Respected Contributor

Agree with @SilleeMee  like all their products.

Honored Contributor

Poshe top coat is the best there is!! I buy base coats from Nail Aid ,usually on ebay. 

Respected Contributor

I like Londontown too.  Nice brush in the regular size not the small bottles.

Honored Contributor

If you want a little bit of sparkle in your top coat, Londontown Diamond Shine! It's so pretty.

71xPAtGMJyL._SL1500_.jpg

Frequent Contributor

About 6 years ago I discovered Red Carpet gel products.....Ulta carries them.  The top and base coat are great as are the colors.  I easily get 3 weeks from a manicure.  Ulta has a kit with base, top,color and light.  PS  You do not have to use gel polish for a gel manicure.....use gel base and gel top and your choice of polishes.