Esteemed Contributor

Re: For Those That Do Their Own Nails......

I also agree with @SilleeMee .  Londontown works well for me too and I'm not very good at it but I am improving!!  Saving a lot of money doing it on my own.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @ECBG 

I normally wear just the Perfect Gel Coat, one coat.  If I choose to use a colored polish I use, Orly's Top 2 Bottom.  It's both the base and top coat.  I like it best.  

Respected Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @ECBG 

I normally wear just the Perfect Gel Coat, one coat.  If I choose to use a colored polish I use, Orly's Top 2 Bottom.  It's both the base and top coat.  I like it best.  

I've tried perfect gel coat many times.I loved the look but it peeled off after a couple of days. And got so thick in the bottle that it was unusable when less than half had been used. Do you ever experience these issues?

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Perfect Formula contains formaldehyde, no thanks!!

Honored Contributor

I have several different base/top coat bottles.  Personally, I don't think there's any difference.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @ECBG 

I've tried perfect gel coat many times.I loved the look but it peeled off after a couple of days. And got so thick in the bottle that it was unusable when less than half had been used. Do you ever experience these issues?

For years, I've used a fabulous "Nail Polish Thinner" by "Beauty Secrets," (Sally's Beauty brand?)

Frequent Contributor

I have been using DEBORAH LIPPMANN Hard Rock--base/top coat--

and Hi and dry quick drying coat. Great results. ALL good ingredients!

NO formaldehyde!!

Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

@justashopper wrote:

Hi @ECBG 

For years, I've used a fabulous "Nail Polish Thinner" by "Beauty Secrets," (Sally's Beauty brand?)

When I was a teenager I used to pour a little bit of nail polish remover into the bottle when a polish had gotten too goopy to use. Did a great job of reviving my frosted white polish 😁

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also use this polish thinner all the time, NEVER use polish remover to thin polish, it ruins the finish of the polish.