Trusted Contributor

Re: Drugstore Foundation For Dry Skin??

I can recommend E.L.F. hydrating face primer in the aqua blue bottle.

I use L'Oreal True Match (the regular stuff in the twist-off cap bottle) and this primer helped the foundation apply smoother than the regular Laura Geller primer (for considerably less $$).  I didn't have as much creasing in some fine lines around my chin area.  However, it was a disaster under my eyes, it made the concealor slip around and crease immediately, so can't recommend using it under the eyes.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because in contains an outside link

Trusted Contributor

I don't care for any foundation that is full coverage but my suggestion for a lighter one is neutrogena's hydroboost tint.  I personally require very little coverage but the hydration (not moisturization) this product delivers along with pigment is superior in my opinion.  It feels amazing on your skin and is undetectable.  It also comes with a matching concealer if you were interested.  I highly recommend!!

Respected Contributor

This thread is from last April.........

Super Contributor

Not “Drug store” but really inexpensive:  The Ordinary.  You can purchase from beautylish or Deciem. They have serum - light coverage and a heavier coverage one.  I love the serum one.  If I feel like I need a tad more coverage I add a dab of Hylamide blur.

Valued Contributor

Rimmel.

Valued Contributor

Rimmel long lasting foundation ,lasts for 25 hours,

cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

Loreal true match lumi or Neutrogena hydroboost. The LOREAL is probably medium but haven't tried the hydroboost.

I have this and the regular True Match and they are just not moisturizing enough for my dry sensitive skin right now.  I've tried tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and nothing is helping me get through this winter.  Ugh! I think I just have to wait for summer to come back.

Respected Contributor

Someone pointed out this is an older thread.  Allow me to toss in my 2 cents per chance it helps someone who's looking for a good drugstore/Target makeup brand for dry skin. 

I'd suggest giving Boots No7 Lift & Luminate Hypo-Allergenic Foundation a try.

The color range is decent.  Don't go on any lifting promises- on the bottle it says for firmer even skin-  which we all know is more very popular industry hype. 

The coverage is light to medium.  I like it a lot... and during winter I'm as dry as dry can be.  I too stay on top of it.  I can't handle flaky skin.  UGH.

Respected Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

@ccassaday wrote:

Loreal true match lumi or Neutrogena hydroboost. The LOREAL is probably medium but haven't tried the hydroboost.

I have this and the regular True Match and they are just not moisturizing enough for my dry sensitive skin right now.  I've tried tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and nothing is helping me get through this winter.  Ugh! I think I just have to wait for summer to come back.

@RainyDayGal- Take a look at my suggestion above.  Since your post is new perhaps the Boots No7 foundation could help.

Wishing a lovely New Year to ALL!