Esteemed Contributor

Drugstore Foundation For Dry Skin??

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good drugstore foundation for dry skin?  

If you don't mind, please include what sort of coverage it offers.  I like to have one that's full-coverage and one that's lighter (depends on what my skin is doing, and the occasion).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!!

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Re: Drugstore Foundation For Dry Skin??

My skin is dry and I use Loreal True Match which is full coverage without looking or feeling masky.

Super Contributor

Revlon Color Stay is also a good foundation--medium to full coverage and plenty of colors to choose from.  This foundation also comes in dry/normal or combination/oily skin.  It truly lasts and still looks good after 8 to 12 hours.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Loreal true match lumi or Neutrogena hydroboost. The LOREAL is probably medium but haven't tried the hydroboost.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel

I'm a BB/CC cream fan myself, but if I had to go out tomorrow and buy a drugstore foundation I'd probably stick with L'Oreal.  I've been researching foundations and their True Match Super Blendable foundation consistently gets high marks.  Not only are online reviews favorable, but I've chatted with women while standing in front of makeup displays and they say the same thing: It's a dependable, affordably-priced product. 

I like that L'Oreal has a shade-finder tool and, from what I gather from reviews and actual women who use the product, it's pretty darn accurate.  The review on Beautypedia is solid, but it says the formula is better for normal to oily skin.  Considering the reasonable price, I'd try it out and decide for myself.

Another option is L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup.  Beautypedia describes this as a "satin, luminescent finish for normal to dry skin."  Again, the shades are extensive and are based on cool, neutral and warm undertones.

Check out the reviews and the shade-finder tool and see what you think.

Too orange?

Maybe I should have gone with the neutral shade...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I don't know if you want drugstore brands for the price or convenience but I've been wearing Clinique off and on for most of my adult life and would highly recommend any of their products.

Sold in department stores and online.   Even on QVC.

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good drugstore foundation for dry skin?  

If you don't mind, please include what sort of coverage it offers.  I like to have one that's full-coverage and one that's lighter (depends on what my skin is doing, and the occasion).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had horribly dry skin my entire life - even as a teen. Let me add my vote to those for L'Oreal true match. Medium coverage , never gets into lines or wrinkles. I use both the liquid and the powder - love them both. I also use the L'Oreal bb cream as a concealer.

editted to add - I like to use Laura Geller spackle with moisturizer as my primer. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mistriTsquirrel, thank you for your post. I was just thinking the other day that I would like to try a drugstore brand to reduce my expenses. I also have very dry skin which I do keep on top of.

Respected Contributor

@just bee, haha! ROTF!

Respected Contributor

I find the ccovergirl with Olay in it to be very moisterizing. Also try ELF clear primer. very moisterising regardless of the foundation