Trusted Contributor

Just saw on the news asbestos was found in Claire's (stores) makeup

[ Edited ]

It really makes me scared as he** because of powders we all use in our cosmetics and how it can get in our lungs. I am a nurse and know about Mesothelioma and asbestos is not to be messed with.

These companies who Claire's bought it from are from China (duh).

someone said "china is trying to kill us"...ya know I'm starting to wonder :/ BUT America's corporations and even small companies are doing it to us by selling us out!!! I'm so mad. We are also doing it to ourselves sadly. I too am to blame by not researching enough.

(the makeup is for kids/tweens at the Clarie's stores are in palettes and such) ..this is only the beginning of finding out more comanies by simple testing!

Edit: sorry if messy..have had a headche all week! hard to focus.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

Re: Just saw on the news asbestos was found in Claire's (stores) makeup

I would think this makeup would be regulated since foreign countries are very lax in that area. Our safety and overall good health cannot be compromised by allowing these regulations to drop or never be there in the first place.

I hope you feel better soon, I get migraines often and know the pain you must have. Many times, weather like this is the cause (extremely cold, snowy, etc.)

Esteemed Contributor

China has tried to kill us in many different way, ie, asbestos in their wallboards/insulation, dog food (killed tens of thousands of dogs), children's toys, lots of items at the 99 cent stores that originated in China, ie, toothpaste.If something is to be eaten and it says made in China --- do not buy!!!! They have very low standards and just don't care.

Honored Contributor

I saw that and that is so awful.

I try my hardest never to buy things made in China and never things that are eaten or put on skin.

I was so disappointed in Wet and Wild and also Elf-both have beautiful colors but made in China. Wet and Wild used to be made in the US I believe.

I have noticed that  more companies are starting to be made in the USA. I'm encouraged to see that especially in some Pet Stores.

But most all the pet toys in petco and petsmart are made in China-that makes me so mad! Do they think we are going to take a chance on these again? Or their chews and things?!

It always amazes me how so many babies and childrens things-toys, stuffed animals are in good stores like Hallmark-every single one of their childrens stuffed animals and blankets etc are made in China, except only one I think of Snoopy or a disney something or other.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

There's another thread started about this already.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

I would think this makeup would be regulated since foreign countries are very lax in that area. Our safety and overall good health cannot be compromised by allowing these regulations to drop or never be there in the first place.

I hope you feel better soon, I get migraines often and know the pain you must have. Many times, weather like this is the cause (extremely cold, snowy, etc.)

The FDA is very lax when it comes to cosmetics. The FDA does not approve cosmetics, they only regulate materials for the colors used in the cosmetics.

Our cosmetics must only contain the ingredients on the label. If we had regulations, hair color, skin care and cosmetics would disappear from the shelves.

i use almost no cosmetics, because they are poison.  They are not good for us at all.  We are exchanging vanity for our safety. It doesn’t matter where they are manufactured. If it isn’t safe to eat, it isn’t safe for topical application.

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

China has tried to kill us in many different way, ie, asbestos in their wallboards/insulation, dog food (killed tens of thousands of dogs), children's toys, lots of items at the 99 cent stores that originated in China, ie, toothpaste.If something is to be eaten and it says made in China --- do not buy!!!! They have very low standards and just don't care.

Don't forget the plastic in the baby formula .....i have responded to a few

posts here .. about not feeding your pets any pet food from China...

just read about how they farm raise fish .. I can't imagine how they

process dog or cat food .....

Trusted Contributor

Great replies. I had no idea another post was made about this.

I am now going to be so very careful.

Very bad to know the FDA has minimal to no no regs with this.

So essentially anyone can put anything in our products.

I'm sure there are lies galore about what's in something we use.

No wonder there are so many cancers...and doctors wonder why.

Trusted Contributor

@wishmoonty very much for the kind words, I feel better now. I get mild  odd type of headches; occular migraines. Stress brings it on. I think stress brings everything bad on!

Have a good night now Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You MUST read where your cosmetics are made and come from before purchasing!

"Pure Michigan"