Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,400
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

 

Far Side


@just bee

 

Oh Em Gee!  How did I miss this one?!😂🤣😫😱😵🤔😠😡🤣😂

 

This is the phrase I constantly get thrown back at me when I complain about  something else The Monster Dog has gotten into.  My Rottweiler friend says they “test” you.

 

I find another four letter word to be more appropriate...

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,152
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@geezerette wrote:



This from a man that’s worried about leaving stuff after he’s gone?  A minimalist?  Huh.  Guess we all have our weaknesses.

 

Seems to me this should give you an opening here, @just bee.  Blackmail.


@geezerette

 

Excellent point.  But keep in mind that I'm a paranoid freak.  I keep thinking there's an ulterior motive.

 

Is he planning on selling the house when I'm not looking?  Or does he want to get the house in order quickly because he suspects he's a short-timer?

 

He's another one who avoids the doctor.  I tend to believe the latter.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,152
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Why do I always forget the “No Buy” pledge until I’m inundated with packages, half of which are destined to be returned?

 

I think from now on, I’m also going to have to pare down and simplify my holiday gifts as well as my own purchases.  Much disappointment with orders this year, and so I end up adding to gifts with store purchases.  More hassle, more money.

 

Ho, ho, ho? 🎅🏼  Bah, humbug! 😠


 

@geezerette LMBO!!!  Me too.  Just yesterday I was opening yet another package and just thought to myself, not again.  Feels like I have just been opening one box after another. lol. Boy, did I slide.  So, in the next couple of weeks, I need to focus on what I need and try and tune everything else out.  I knew November was going to be hard.

 

I guess the lesson for me here is Never say, Never again.

 

At least I will say I didnt succumb to any eyeshadow palettes which is a win for me.  Round 1 goes to me.  Now I just have to be strong for Round 2 that is coming up.

 

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

You and Sean Connery.


@geezerette

 

Sigh.

 

Scotland's Greatest Living National Treasure.

 

Well, unless you consider Nessie...

 

Nessie

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,400
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:



This from a man that’s worried about leaving stuff after he’s gone?  A minimalist?  Huh.  Guess we all have our weaknesses.

 

Seems to me this should give you an opening here, @just bee.  Blackmail.


@geezerette

 

Excellent point.  But keep in mind that I'm a paranoid freak.  I keep thinking there's an ulterior motive.

 

Is he planning on selling the house when I'm not looking?  Or does he want to get the house in order quickly because he suspects he's a short-timer?

 

He's another one who avoids the doctor.  I tend to believe the latter.


@just bee

 

Oh dear, you have one of those too?  When my old geezer is gimping around from aches and pains and I mention that perhaps this place is getting to be too much for us and maybe we should consider selling and moving to town, he no longer vehemently disagrees.  Instead he says he’s been considering it himself.  What?  Without even discussing it?  This only happens when he’s serious about something.

 

It scares the ____ out of me.

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,400
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Why do I always forget the “No Buy” pledge until I’m inundated with packages, half of which are destined to be returned?

 

I think from now on, I’m also going to have to pare down and simplify my holiday gifts as well as my own purchases.  Much disappointment with orders this year, and so I end up adding to gifts with store purchases.  More hassle, more money.

 

Ho, ho, ho? 🎅🏼  Bah, humbug! 😠


 

@geezerette LMBO!!!  Me too.  Just yesterday I was opening yet another package and just thought to myself, not again.  Feels like I have just been opening one box after another. lol. Boy, did I slide.  So, in the next couple of weeks, I need to focus on what I need and try and tune everything else out.  I knew November was going to be hard.

 

I guess the lesson for me here is Never say, Never again.

 

At least I will say I didnt succumb to any eyeshadow palettes which is a win for me.  Round 1 goes to me.  Now I just have to be strong for Round 2 that is coming up.

 

 

 

 


@aprilskies

 

You and Sean Connery.


@geezerette

 

Sigh.

 

Scotland's Greatest Living National Treasure.

 

Well, unless you consider Nessie...

 

Nessie


@just bee

 

Absolutely!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,152
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

 

Far Side


@just bee

 

Oh Em Gee!  How did I miss this one?!😂🤣😫😱😵🤔😠😡🤣😂

 

This is the phrase I constantly get thrown back at me when I complain about  something else The Monster Dog has gotten into.  My Rottweiler friend says they “test” you.

 

I find another four letter word to be more appropriate...


@geezerette

 

It's a curse falling in love with an intelligent breed.  But I do like my dogs the way I like my men.

 

Looks smart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,152
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:



This from a man that’s worried about leaving stuff after he’s gone?  A minimalist?  Huh.  Guess we all have our weaknesses.

 

Seems to me this should give you an opening here, @just bee.  Blackmail.


@geezerette

 

Excellent point.  But keep in mind that I'm a paranoid freak.  I keep thinking there's an ulterior motive.

 

Is he planning on selling the house when I'm not looking?  Or does he want to get the house in order quickly because he suspects he's a short-timer?

 

He's another one who avoids the doctor.  I tend to believe the latter.


@just bee

 

Oh dear, you have one of those too?  When my old geezer is gimping around from aches and pains and I mention that perhaps this place is getting to be too much for us and maybe we should consider selling and moving to town, he no longer vehemently disagrees.  Instead he says he’s been considering it himself.  What?  Without even discussing it?  This only happens when he’s serious about something.

 

It scares the ____ out of me.

 


@geezerette

 

Makes me regret going to nursing school sometimes.  I notice things and he shrugs them off.  He's fully aware but is in no hurry to address the concerns.

 

Then he complains that I "fret, worry and woe."  Someone has to!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,152
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

I need to step away from the computer.  Made the mistake of opening my retail email and discovered a few things.

 

One:

 

CostcoGrocery

 

Costco will deliver to me so I don't have to go to their warehouse.  Yes, it's more expensive but I don't have to go to their warehouse.

 

Two:

 

World Market is selling Williamson tea in a variety of elephant tins.  I love tea and I really love tea tins.  And I really really love elephants.

 

elephant tins

 

I Googled the tea and discovered that they have been selling these elephant tins forever and that there are a zillion designs out there.  They're fantastic.

 

elephant tins

 

I just pointed them out to Better-half as he was walking by and he made this elephant-like grunting sound.

 

Better stick with Harney's.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Contributor
Posts: 63
Registered: ‎11-30-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

The "send it back or return strategy"  is my downfall.  I have been on this forum before. I think it was January this year.  I hate to say I haven't done well for most of the year.  I may have done a little better than in the past, but I continue to buy things I don't need.  And a lot of them.  I often buy things and say if I change my mind, I can return.  As one poster said, then I spend a tremendous amount  of time returning things.  Such a waste ot time and money.

 

I need to continue to shop my stash until I really need something.  To be honest I have so much makeup and bath and body products, I probably could go a really, really really long time with out having to make a purchase. 

 

My downfalls this last month were the BareMinerals holiday items and the IT Cosmetics TSV and holiday stuff.  Ironically I actually don't like their products that much.  I just love the presentations and that it's new shiny holiday items.  

 

I have come to love some drugstore products that I use daily and don't know why I am so tempted with the prestige brands.  I am really a sucker for marketing.  The one day only and limited edition stuff gets to me, so I buy.  It's pretty ridculous when you think about it.  I'm a very rational person, but my common sense is lost when it comes to sales, coupons, and limited time offers. 

 

It's got to be a psychological thing,  I guess the first stop to recovey is admitting I have a problem.   Maybe now I can get a handle on it.  I was thinking about coming up with a don't spend till date to hold myself to.  But I think I just need to say no spending and see how long I can go. 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,152
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!


@Sherrilz wrote:

The "send it back or return strategy"  is my downfall.  I have been on this forum before. I think it was January this year.  I hate to say I haven't done well for most of the year.  I may have done a little better than in the past, but I continue to buy things I don't need.  And a lot of them.  I often buy things and say if I change my mind, I can return.  As one poster said, then I spend a tremendous amount  of time returning things.  Such a waste ot time and money.

 

I need to continue to shop my stash until I really need something.  To be honest I have so much makeup and bath and body products, I probably could go a really, really really long time with out having to make a purchase. 

 

My downfalls this last month were the BareMinerals holiday items and the IT Cosmetics TSV and holiday stuff.  Ironically I actually don't like their products that much.  I just love the presentations and that it's new shiny holiday items.  

 

I have come to love some drugstore products that I use daily and don't know why I am so tempted with the prestige brands.  I am really a sucker for marketing.  The one day only and limited edition stuff gets to me, so I buy.  It's pretty ridculous when you think about it.  I'm a very rational person, but my common sense is lost when it comes to sales, coupons, and limited time offers. 

 

It's got to be a psychological thing,  I guess the first stop to recovey is admitting I have a problem.   Maybe now I can get a handle on it.  I was thinking about coming up with a don't spend till date to hold myself to.  But I think I just need to say no spending and see how long I can go. 

 

 


@Sherrilz

 

Well, you've come to the right place, that's for sure!  What's so ironic is that there would be no issue with us shopping and trying out all those new things that catch our eye, but it is an issue because we already have so much we don't use.

 

I can't wait to buy my first shower product in years.  But I still probably have two more years to go before I use up all the bottles I've collected.  So frustrating!  Why did I ever think that I had to try every new philosophy scent?  Why did I order one of each at B&BW just because they were on sale?

 

There really is something to be said for going into a Walmart or Target store and picking up your tube of mascara, your shampoo, your lip balm, your shower gel, your foundation...

 

Isn't that what we used to do?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~