Contributor

Re: ComPact 2017 – Never Again November!

@just bee

My problem is I'd have to save that mug not for beverages, but because I know I could find another use for it.  Put a plant in it, use it to store lose things in the kitchen or laundry room, use as a pencil cup, put my make up brushes in it, etc.  The problem is I have so many other mugs so I will hold off because I want the right mug to go with everything.  Heck I still have the plastic cups that you buy at the Disney World resorts so that your beverage refills are cheaper and I'm still trying to figure out what I could use those for and that was 1999!!!  OMG now that I've put this in writing and rereading it I sound so ridiculous.  But this way of thinking is about everything I own.  I really do think I need that therapist.  Woman Wink

Contributor

My son got married this past January and this time last year I was purchasing every makeup eye shadow, highlighter, brush, lipstick, etc., I could find because I decided it would be cheaper for me to do my own makeup for the wedding.  NOT!!!  I watched so many makeup videos on you tube I purchased everything that they suggested primer, setting spray, you name it I bought it......I purchased so much from Sephora I am now a VIB Rogue member.  More than half of the things that I purchased I didn't even open and is just sitting, still in the bags, next to my makeup table and now that I just received the 20% coupon I'm still trying to figure out what I could spend it on.......it's gonna be a long couple of days until this sale ends. 

Honored Contributor

@DelaRose wrote:

@just bee

My problem is I'd have to save that mug not for beverages, but because I know I could find another use for it.  Put a plant in it, use it to store lose things in the kitchen or laundry room, use as a pencil cup, put my make up brushes in it, etc.  The problem is I have so many other mugs so I will hold off because I want the right mug to go with everything.  Heck I still have the plastic cups that you buy at the Disney World resorts so that your beverage refills are cheaper and I'm still trying to figure out what I could use those for and that was 1999!!!  OMG now that I've put this in writing and rereading it I sound so ridiculous.  But this way of thinking is about everything I own.  I really do think I need that therapist.  Woman Wink

@DelaRose

Oh, don't get me started.  I broke the handle of my Edvard Munch mug ("The Scream") and I couldn't even throw it away.  It's here on my desk holding pens.

We moved out here with a collection of plastic cups that were like heirlooms.  Rude Dog cups from a convenience store in the '80s; a Spring Training cup from a baseball trip to Arizona; an ABQ Dukes cup... the list goes on.  I was mortified that Better-half was using them and running them through the dishwasher thereby destroying them.

They're cheap plastic cups.  Was I planning on a Sotheby's auction one day?

Silly, huh?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@DelaRose wrote:

My son got married this past January and this time last year I was purchasing every makeup eye shadow, highlighter, brush, lipstick, etc., I could find because I decided it would be cheaper for me to do my own makeup for the wedding.  NOT!!!  I watched so many makeup videos on you tube I purchased everything that they suggested primer, setting spray, you name it I bought it......I purchased so much from Sephora I am now a VIB Rogue member.  More than half of the things that I purchased I didn't even open and is just sitting, still in the bags, next to my makeup table and now that I just received the 20% coupon I'm still trying to figure out what I could spend it on.......it's gonna be a long couple of days until this sale ends. 

LOL, @DelaRose.  Isnt it crazy how we feel we need to use these coupons when we still have things we havent really dug into yet?  I ordered a couple of things and still mill around wondering what else I can buy. I am now trying to tune things out.  After all, I only got the 15% off which isnt much.

It sounds like you can go shopping in your own stash and save 100%.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

LOL on the mu, however, maybe try it when you are not sporting the "road look."  It seems you are feeling better, is everything healing up?

I was thinking of you today.  I put on a pair of ankle boots that have those hooks that was your demise. and I thought twice, lol, but I am wearing long jeans and it covers the hooks up except when I sit and the jeans raise up. hmmm.....  Might be time to retire these booties.

@aprilskies

My face was battered but it healed in just a few days.  I've had zits that took more time to go away.  I tell ya, that bacitracin is a miracle cure.

I could wear makeup now but I just don't know about application with my left hand.  Maybe I'll experiment this week and see what I can do.  Just don't want to impale myself with the mascara wand.

I've been using the Lumene face cream and can get it spread without my dominant hand.  BB/CC cream should be able to go on, right?  Eyeliner's probably out of the question.

And definitely watch out for those hooks!  When I started falling there was nothing I could do to stop it.  All I could do was try to figure out how I was going to land and what I could afford to destroy.  Funny that I chose my face.  I think my "chest" absorbed a lot of the impact.  Looks like I was in the ring with Tyson...

So glad to hear your face is healed up.  That has got to be a relief. Falling is a funny thing.  There is nothing you can do about it but it is that moment when you realize you are going down that is shocking. 

Your fall was definitely a freak accident. Who would of thunk it. 

@aprilskies

Have you been reading the recent threads?  Sounds like people are wearing minimal makeup and concentrating more on skincare.  All I know is that I like the creams I'm using.  I just wonder how long they'll be available.

All I really want makeup-wise is a dependable lip balm that has some color.

I totally forgot about Lumene, I wanted to try their stuff.  Does the moisturizer moisturize?  I just ordered a few things a bit on the pricey side but it would be worth it if they really helped my skin.  They all got rave reviews but I take reviews with a grain of salt these days.  I just cant handle dry and breakout skin, it is so uncomfortable and winter hasnt even set in yet. Yesterday I took off my mu with a wet wipe first and my face felt so tight and inflamed. I didnt even wash it afterward because of it. I havent even been doing any treatments so I thought that was weird. I cant wait to get my stuff to see if it relieves my skin a bit. The worse is when you are waiting for orders and they take so long to receive.

I miss reviews when they were truly valid reviews. These days everyone is given products for their review so it is hard to know what is real or fluff.

Let me know what you like about the Lumene products.

Honored Contributor

And speaking of ordering things...

I just ordered some items from Walgreens.  That Lumene Glow Reveal cream has already disappeared from Ulta's website.  Walgreens is having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal with a sale price, too; that poses a dilemma.

Do I buy three jars of this cream?  I know if I do, I'll start hating it before I get halfway through the first.  Exercising some restraint, I ordered two tubes of the Lumene Glow Reveal 60 Second Facial and one jar of the cream.  Got one tube "free."  It's older packaging so I'm not sure how long it's been around.  Then again, it might just be "different" packaging.  It's a larger size than the current product.

And then I ordered some lip balm.  I'm actually down to what's left of an old tube and because I saved the butter cream flavor for last, it's rancid.  Still using it and haven't croaked yet.

Aaaarrrggghhh!

I have that Vaseline with the rosy tint but there isn't much color and I can't get the little tub opened with one hand.  I can do it, but it takes too long and it isn't practical to stick my fingers in a little jar right now.  It's not a practical option for work, either.  If you work in a hospital you want to keep your fingers out of your mouth.

Despite the mixed reviews, I ordered some Burt's Bees balms.  The coconut/pear was on sale and I do like coconut.  I wanted to try their tinted balm so I got a rose and a hibiscus.

I have a bunch of sticky glosses but no balms.  Grand total:$40.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Well, I like the Glow Reveal enough to order a second jar!  (Now that it's probably disappearing forever...)

I guess it says something that I haven't stuck with any facial moisturizers but I've been using the Lumene.  No breakouts.  I like the scent (slightly citrus) and consistency.  I think it's a good choice for daytime and under foundation/CC cream.

The SISU Moisture Remedy Day and Night cream has the most amazing texture.  It's like applying gelato to your face.  It's firm in the jar and actually feels cold.  It's different.  Highly fragranced, though.  I mentioned in another post that this with the facial oil makes me think I'm wearing a pine forest on my face.  It's very outdoorsy.  Aromatic.  Best for nighttime.

I haven't been using the oil since the injury because I can't control the amount that comes out of the bottle.  Normally I'd apply a drop to my left hand and apply with my right, but that's not possible right now.

The stuff I ordered today is something I haven't tried before but the price was right.  I have no actual products for exfoliating so I thought I'd give this a shot.  I can do 60 seconds.

I anticipate a brutally dry winter so I'm ready to use moisturizers, creams and balms.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies

Well, I like the Glow Reveal enough to order a second jar!  (Now that it's probably disappearing forever...)

I guess it says something that I haven't stuck with any facial moisturizers but I've been using the Lumene.  No breakouts.  I like the scent (slightly citrus) and consistency.  I think it's a good choice for daytime and under foundation/CC cream.

The stuff I ordered today is something I haven't tried before but the price was right.  I have no actual products for exfoliating so I thought I'd give this a shot.  I can do 60 seconds.

I anticipate a brutally dry winter so I'm ready to use moisturizers, creams and balms.

Thanks, JB.  Yes, that is the problem when you find something you like and then it disappears or gets reformulated. I just loved the Skinn youth preservation cream for the winter. I dont call many things holy grails but that was one of them. My skin not only was moisturized, it still felt moist to the touch hours later - in a good way. And when you skin is wind burned, that sure is soothing and it kept the flaky skin at bay. I am still ticked he messed with it.  That cream had a cult following, why fix something that isnt broken.  I think it is funny though that it still ticks me off. LOL.

Yes, for some reason I expect this winter to be brutally dry myself.  One of the reasons I want to have skincare on hand to fight it.  Dry skin is terrible.

On a good note, I got my new winter boots yesterday and I think I like them. I dont normally like ordering boots online because winter boots sometimes make my feet look like boats.  These were not bad and they are good to 25 below. Not that it gets that cold here but why not have the feet be toasty warm. I am looking forward to trying them out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies

Lumene

Lumene

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Now if I could only get into the habit of using hand and body lotions.  I've got 'em -- why is it so hard to take a few minutes to use them?

I hope you like your new boots!  I'm curious about the ones BH ordered.  He really needs a new pair -- he's very hard on his shoes.  And I hope my pair doesn't try to kill me. Woman Happy