Esteemed Contributor

I'm really tempted. I don't have any hot rollers and I'm thinking these might be kinder to my hair than a curling iron.

What do you think about the set?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

Nope. I get perms.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

This TSV is not for me. My hair is so thick, long, and coarse that I would probably have to buy 5 sets. Have they said whether or not this TSV will supposedly work on long hair? In my experience, hot rollers are rarely ever compatible with truly long hair (right above tail bone).

Esteemed Contributor

LOL, yes I can see where they would not work for either of you. The perm for obvious reasons and yes CM, not really great for hair that long, but I'll bet your hair is beautiful.

My hair is about the length of Jacque's. She said she used the medium, and that's what I have in my cart.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor
On 8/15/2014 betteb said:

LOL, yes I can see where they would not work for either of you. The perm for obvious reasons and yes CM, not really great for hair that long, but I'll bet your hair is beautiful.

My hair is about the length of Jacque's. She said she used the medium, and that's what I have in my cart.

Awww, thanks! It can look really beautiful when I put forth the effort to tame and style it (lol)! If you do decide to purchase the hot rollers, I hope you can put them to good use!

Esteemed Contributor

Bringing this up for opinions from the morning ladies

Respected Contributor

Thick hair is why I purchased the extra long calista ones. I can use 10 or so of the 12 on my just barely shoulder length hair that has been heavily thinned. Otherwise, normal size rollers would take around 30 or so. The Chi ones are for people with medium thickness of hair and medium length.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks tigriss. I can see how the longer Calista rollers would work better for you. I have quite a bit of hair but it's fine textured with enough natural wave to look really bad first thing in the morning

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The way the Chi set works is similar to the Calista Tools rollers. I haven't curled my hair in ages, but was inspired to this morning since my DH and I are going out furniture shopping later. My hair is fine, but long, with long layers. I have both of the Calista Tools sets - medium for the top of my head and the longs for the length. I feel like I look pretty good this morning so I'm not tempted by the Chi set. FYI - I use the Calista Tools Complete to spray each section before the roller goes in and I get a nice, lasting curl that way.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/16/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

The way the Chi set works is similar to the Calista Tools rollers. I haven't curled my hair in ages, but was inspired to this morning since my DH and I are going out furniture shopping later. My hair is fine, but long, with long layers. I have both of the Calista Tools sets - medium for the top of my head and the longs for the length. I feel like I look pretty good this morning so I'm not tempted by the Chi set. FYI - I use the Calista Tools Complete to spray each section before the roller goes in and I get a nice, lasting curl that way.

Thanks JLFSmile I'm going to give the rollers a shot. You know, I think a case could be made for having both the Calista and the Chi {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}